Thursday, August 30, 2007

Vacation - Day 1

So today was the first day of our vacation. It has been interesting, I have to say.

-First, we went to bed at 1:00 this morning and slept until 9:30, which was so nice! My daughter woke up a little earlier and I just sent her down to see my dad :)

-Around 11:30 we were hungry for lunch and after looking in the freezer we realized my parents have no “real” food…which is nothing new. By “real” food I mean a complete meal – they have cheese and yogurt and vegetables and fruit, but that’s about it.

-Hubby got really frustrated (which of course started an argument) because of this. I got frustrated because they’ve been like this for the whole 10 ½ years he’s known me.

-So we went into town (where the University is) and ate lunch and got some alumni items and some great scrapbooking things (I got tons of OU paper to use when I scrap the pages of my kids at the games).

-We came home and all took 2 hour naps!!!

-Now it’s about 5:30 and we’re trying to figure out what to do for dinner. Thankfully hubby is out in the woods and didn’t hear my dad’s suggestion of corn pancakes. He just doesn’t get it…we’re used to “meat and potatoes” or at least “dinner” at dinner time, not breakfast!

-We’re having a pretty good time…if nothing else we’ve been able to catch up on our sleep :)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the argument. Those are never fun.

I must be weird...I have yogurt, sliced sharp cheddar and apples about 3 or 4 times a week for lunch. And? Sometimes? I like breakfast for dinner.

All in all, does sound like a relaxing getaway. Hope tomorrow is, too!!

Unknown said...

I am totally like your parents! I always feel awful when people come to visit because we never have anything good to eat. Maybe that's why they always end up fighting....hmmm.

Edie said...

Ahhh... sleep is so good!!! :)

Glad you're having fun.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Corn pancakes? Really?

So what did you end up having for dinner?

Amy W said...

Sleep? You are getting sleep?

So.not.fair.

:)

Sherry said...

Well you got sleep but no real dinner right? hahaha just picking!! I am so sure all will work out and you will have a fantastic week!!!

Becca said...

I'm all for pancakes for dinner! Honestly, if my husband got a fully cooked meal more than once a week, I think he'd die of shock!