Friday, August 10, 2007

Day 5 of Having 5 Kids....

Yesterday was good…for me. Our interim nanny had an interview for a “real” job (one in which she would use the degree she went to college for) yesterday so hubby took off the afternoon and stayed home with all 5 kids. When I got home he asked me if I had a gun that he could use to shoot himself.

The thing that drove him over the edge was the screaming newborn. Finally, hubby took the vacuum cleaner up in our room and put it next to the pack ‘n play and let it run for 2 hours while the baby slept. It was the only thing that kept him asleep. Once he was down, it got a lot easier!

It was storming last night (which is hopefully supposed to get rid of all this humidity, thank goodness!) so again we couldn’t go outside. We decided to put on a movie and made popcorn. After that we put them to bed since they didn’t have much of a nap due to hubby coming home.

We actually had all kids in bed by 9:15. 9:15!!!! Do you understand that we have never done that before? But with everything going on this week, hubby and I have no guilt putting even our kids to bed that early. So hubby and I made some margaritas and sat down and watched CSI and Without a Trace. I haven’t watched those shows in years, and before we had kids we would watch that kind of stuff together All.the.time. So it was a really nice treat for us!

Then I gave hubby the guilt trip about how I have been up with the newborn every night so far and it was his turn. So sure enough he got up with him and I actually got a decent night’s sleep (I’m still freaking exhausted though!).

So one more day of work, one more evening, one more night with “little butt” (my nickname for the newborn) and ½ day tomorrow and we’re done. I’m still glad we did it for them…we made it through just fine and from what I’ve heard from them they are having a fantastic time in CA.

Oh, and after we drop them off at their house we are headed straight for Cedar Point!!! We are staying at their hotel, so we’re walking distance to the park and we get to get in 1 hour before the public. I can’t wait!!!!

4 comments:

Edie said...

I have always wanted to go to Cedar Point. You'll have to let us know how it is!!

Have a great trip!

Anonymous said...

"Little Butt"? Cracked me up!!

Glad it's almost over for you guys. Again...you two are saints!! Want Morgan for a weekend? She's easy :)

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

God knows you have earned this trip! Good luck in the next 24 hours!!!!

Sherry said...

Wow what a week you have had but hey look it's almost over. You deserve Cedar Creek and make sure you make the best of it. Release all the stress from "little Butt" and sleep good at night!!! YAHOO you pulled off a miracle this past week, way to go!!