Thursday, August 23, 2007

Thank You!!!

Thank you, thank you, thank you to everyone that had such nice comments and e-mails for me about the last couple of days! You have no idea how much each one helped me!

I got through it, and it wasn’t as bad as I thought it was going to be. My aunt gave a fantastic eulogy that went through his whole life history and taught me a lot of stuff I didn’t know. She even made copies of it for each and every one of the grand children and great-grandchildren (there are 17 grandchildren and 17 great-grandchildren).

We had a nice reception afterwards and then the New York People left and my family came over to my house while the kids napped. My sister then went back to Michigan and then the rest of my family and I went and met my uncle and his family for dinner. After that we went over to his house for a while. I had an uncle in from Florida and a cousin in from Kansas that I don’t get to see often, so it was nice visiting with them.

Today it’s back to work…my daughter had been sleeping with my parents every night since Sunday, so last night was her first night back in her bed by herself. She had me up every 2 hours crying because she was scared. Finally at 5:00 this morning I just yelled up to her to be quiet and go back to bed. I was so mad! So needless to say I’m very tired today.

Now I’m off to catch up on everyone’s blogs to see what I missed!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it through the last couple of days!! The ONLY upside to a funeral are the visits with family you don't see often and sharing stories of "Remember this?".

Sorry your daughter was up a lot. It's SO frustrating when all you want/need to do is sleep and little people prevent that.

Hang in there--Friday's almost here!!

Michele_3 said...

I'm glad the comments are helping you get through these rough couple of days. I will continue to keep you & your family in my prayers-
Keep hanging in there & take time-out for yourself as well..

Hope you you get to sleep tonight too, my little guy decided to wake up on the night before school started at 11:00 p.m & did not go back to sleep til 3:30 a.m! I had to get up @ 6:00 a.m too- So,I understand how frustrating & hard it can be..
:)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I'm glad that you made it through everything and that you are feeling better. I hope you get some much needed sleep tonight.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Welcome back. I'm pleased that you were able to get through everything. Now it's time for your family to get back into your routines. :-)

Edie said...

I'm so glad things went better than you anticipated. Sucks though, that your daughter wouldn't let you sleep last night. :(

Hope you get some sleep tonight.