Monday, August 27, 2007

Fun Monday - Blogging

lisaschaos is hosting this week's Fun Monday and this was her assignment:

"I’d like to know more about you, what makes you tick. I’d like to know how you started blogging. Did you keep a diary under lock and key safely hidden as a child? Do you still? Do you share the same things on your blog that you would have, or do, in your diary? Why did you start blogging and why do you continue? May as well throw in any roadblocks you have run into while blogging. If you still have your old diaries we’d love to see them."


I had a diary when I was little. I got it for my 8th birthday and I still have tons of empty pages in it. I was very bad at keeping up with it…but it was fun to go back and look at my first entry (where I said “I hade so much fun on my birthday” and then see some of my high school entries where I talk about dating and boys….and boys.

I started blogging because I thought it would be a nice and easy way to keep track of all the cool things my kids are into and doing. I work in front of a computer every day and I’m absolutely horrible about writing anything down in those little calendar-things and baby books we all have for our kids. Almost every weekday I post about what my kids are up to or issues involving my kids. Occasionally I like to talk about other things, but the majority of the posts have to deal with my kids. I want to either get my posts into a book or at least print them out and give them to my kids when they’re older…I want them to see how much I loved them and how much I have loved being a mom!

I never expected to get an audience, but the group of commenters I have are amazing! They offer great advice or just some nice and encouraging words when I need them. I try not to put on a front…I would hope that if anyone were to ever meet me in real life they would see no difference the real me and the me in my writing.

No go check out all the other participants at lisaschaos!!!!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is one commenter that isn't going ANYWHERE!! Ever!! You don't want me here, you need to block me :)

Beccy said...

I also love the idea of printing out my blog for the children...one day I'll get around ot it!

ChrisB said...

I enjoy all the snippets and photos of everyone's family that I read on all th eblogs I follow. I'm sure your children would love to read your blog entries when they are older.

Unknown said...

I started printing my blog once and got so everwhelmed that I never finished. :( I need to do that.

Anonymous said...

I use livewriter to write all my entries. It automatically saves a copy to my computer. So, I at least have that! I doubt I'll ever have enough patience to print out my entire blog!

Anonymous said...

I think that is what keeps us blogging - the other bloggers we have met!

katy said...

it sure does keep me blogging learning about everyones hopes/thoughts/ideas and lives. how about copying your blog onto discs

Tiggerlane said...

Blogging for your kids is awesome - it's why I started, but I see that some of my posts are a little inappropriate for her young eyes. Good idea to print the posts for the future!

Molly said...

I like your attitude," I try not to put on a front…I would hope that if anyone were to ever meet me in real life they would see no difference the real me and the me in my writing."

I hope that I can achieve this too. However, I may be somewhat more open on my blog than in person.

Blogging as a family record is a grand idea. I did not keep great baby books of my sons, who are now in their thirties.

Robocop said...

**LOL** You never expected an audience huh? Surprise! You got one :)

Unknown said...

I am glad to hear I wasn't the only one too distracted to keep a diary with actual words in it. I think mine may have had 5 pages with writing, total.

It's amazing to me too, that I actually have an audience (made mostly of people I have never met)It's really nice to have a group of blog buddies that you can count on for advice, a good laugh and encouragement.

Pamela said...

reminds me I need to get out and start writing in my Grandmother Remembers Book....

I love reading my moms and my husbands grandmoms

Pamela said...

reminds me I need to get out and start writing in my Grandmother Remembers Book....

I love reading my moms and my husbands grandmoms

Sherry said...

I love reading about your family and how great you and hubby are with the kids!!

Anonymous said...

It isn't hard at all to start making money online in the undercover world of [URL=http://www.www.blackhatmoneymaker.com]blackhat script[/URL], Don’t feel silly if you have no clue about blackhat marketing. Blackhat marketing uses not-so-popular or misunderstood ways to build an income online.