Friday, August 24, 2007

I Swear My Daughter Has Multiple Personalities!!!

Seriously, I’ve decided my daughter has multiple personalities (OK, not really because doesn’t every preschooler act one way one minute and then another way the next minute? Please, tell me they do and my daughter really isn’t crazy). One minute she’ll be the sweetest little thing, and then the next she’s a whiny little baby.

Here’s a perfect example: There’s a lady that my parents work with (who also happens to live next door to them) that has a daughter my daughter’s age and they love to play together every time we visit grandma and grandpa. She brings her daughter up to our city frequently, and the last time she did she took my daughter to the zoo and to McDonald’s. The lady told my dad that when they were driving back, out of the blue my daughter told the lady “thank you so much for taking me to the zoo and McDonald’s…I had so much fun!” I was so proud of her!

Then last night it was time to go inside and I told her she had to help the other little girl clean up their toys they had outside and bring in the stuff she had taken outside. She gets all whiny and says “I don’t want to help clean up…I’m not going to.” Excuse me??? (Which is exactly what I said to her). She seemed like such a brat last night.

I know, I know…they act like this, she’s testing me, she’s finding herself. But it’s so difficult! I hope this phase is over quickly and I can have my sweet little girl back all the time (please, don’t depress me by saying she’ll be like this until she’s an adult…I already know the 100% sweetness is gone :( ).

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Given you already know it's a phase and she's testing the limits and pushing boundaries....I don't know what to say.

So, how about: I love Target!!

:)

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

This too will pass. Stay consistent and loving and you'll get through it.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Ok, I won't tell you. ;)

Kelly said...

Welcome to the joys of raising kids!! Gotta love their mood swings! I swear sometimes I go through the exact same thing!! haha

I agree with Kellie--she's just testing the boundries...eventually, when she hits, hmm 30, she will out grow it!! haha In the meantime..GOOD LUCK!!

Becca said...

This looks like a phase I wish I could avoid!

BTW - You've been tagged.
http://confessionsofworkingmom.blogspot.com/

Sherry said...

mmmm what can I say!!! I raised two girls, hahahahha but hey one good thing I still love both girls!!! :)
No, she is testing her boundaries and will be fine. My girls are 100% more mature and hate to say it, but better than the two boys!! Give me girls any day!!

Jill said...

You've been awarded. Come visit me to see!

Amy W said...

Your daughter and mine...same thing...

Radioactive Tori said...

My daughters are 7 and 9 and still occasionally do this. You know it is totally normal. Good luck! Hopefully we will both survive!

Edie said...

I hope it's just a phase too... Hayden does the same thing!