Thursday, August 16, 2007

Our Weekend at Cedar Point

As soon as we dropped off the extra kids we had on Saturday, we headed up to Sandusky for a super fun amusement park called Cedar Point. We were staying at the Hotel Breakers which was really fun…it’s right on the beach and has 3 pools as well as a couple of restaurants and walls filled with pictures of the park in the early 1900’s.

When we got up there my parents took the kids to dinner so that hubby and I could go to dinner for our anniversary. We went to this really nice restaurant that had great food and a wonderful view of the marina.

The next morning we got up early and headed into the park. My parents were fantastic and took the kids to kiddie land so that hubby and I could ride the big rides. My sisters and their boyfriends arrived shortly after we got there and we headed off to ride these rides:

Maverick
Millennium Force
(our absolute favorite)
Mantis
Skyhawk

Raptor
Power Tower


We had so much fun! The last time I was at Cedar Point was 5 years ago when I didn’t know I was pregnant with my daughter. Thankfully riding the roller coasters that early didn’t hurt her :) We had so much fun!

After those rides we went back to the hotel to swim for a minute because it was so hot! That was the nice thing about having our hotel right in the park! After we were cooled off we went to dinner and then my sisters and their boyfriends went off to ride more rides and hubby and I went with my parents and the kids to ride more rides with them. My daughter loved the Jr. Gemini…she even went on it by herself! We ended up riding right up until the park closed at 10:00. Then we headed back to the hotel and packed up and left. We got home around 1:30 Monday morning. My daughter and I started watching High School Musical on the way home and even though she fell asleep I kept watching it…it was really cute! I can’t wait to see the second one that comes out on Friday!

I realized when we were up there that there is so much to do up there! I never remembered that (we went there all the time when we were kids). I could easily make that a vacation one year…especially since there’s a beach there!

Here are some pictures:




Waiting for the train:

On the train:

Hubby and my son in line for the bumper cars - he loved them!!!



My son couldn't handle it anymore...napping on the hotel floor



"I want to ride this ride next..."


8 comments:

Radioactive Tori said...

It looks like you all had such a great time! I love the pictures!

Amy W said...

Cute pics! Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a great time :)

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

My husband LOVES Cedar Point and is planning his next trip for a couple of weeks from now. The rest of us haven't been, but I suspect we'll make a family trip at some point.

Sherry said...

So glad you had a great week end after your long week. And hey an anniversary to remember huh?
You all look great and the smiles tell all. Your blog title suits you that's for sure. One happy working mom!!!!
Your children are adorable!!!

Edie said...

That looks like so much fun. We are totally going to have to go one day!! I've been wanting to go since college!

Christy said...

Looks like fun!

Isn't High School Musical the cutest! I will admit it was actually on my Christmas list last year from my Hubby...we both love it and can't wait for the new one! I know kinda sad.

Unknown said...

That looks like so much fun! Well, all except for the big people rides. You won't catch me on one of those (is chicken).
Your children are adorable too!