Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Rest of Vacation....

The rest of the vacation was nice…except it seems I caught a little cold. I thought it was just my allergies to my parents’ cats, but we came home on Sunday and I still feel like crap.

We camped out in my parents’ backyard on Friday night and had a blast! Then Saturday night we went to the football game. We were supposed to leave Sunday night, but by 1:00 on Sunday we were restless and decided to head home. The kids slept the whole way home and woke up just as we pulled into the parking lot of the place where we ate dinner. Once we got home we were able to unpack and do laundry and then head outside to play. We had a little fire with the neighbors and had a great night!

Yesterday we played around the house and then went to the house of one of our city’s police officers that hubby knows (the police department is a client of his). It was kind of strange because I didn’t know them at all, but we had a nice time anyway.

Today hubby’s parents are watching the kids…I’m a little worried how they’ll be tomorrow when they go back to the sitter…they’ve been gone for a whole week. I hope we don’t have any major melt downs!

Here are some pictures from the weekend!

9 comments:

Amy W said...

I really, really want to camp out, but my husband isn't game!

Glad you had a nice vacation...

Anonymous said...

I miss camping!! Haven't been in two years.

Glad you guys had a nice time--minus the catching of a cold part.

:)

Radioactive Tori said...

It looks like an awesome time! Your kids (and you!) are adorable!

I wouldn't worry about your kids at the sitters. When the kids I watch come tired, I usually have a restful day where we color and relax with books a little extra. The kids tend to take longer naps those days, but that is ok sometimes I guess.

Julie said...

Looks like you had a great time. I'm so not one for camping - I prefer to "camp" in a hotel! : )

Anonymous said...

I caught a cold recently and thought I was getting over it -- no dice. I know it's a sinus infection now. Yuck!

I hope your cold goes away fast!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

So where do you think your children will want to go to college one day? :-)

Sherry said...

I only camp at the Holiday Inn, but I am glad you enjoyed your camping.
The campfire looks inviting though, they are so nice to just sit and watch, love them.
Your children are absolutely adorable, well the family pic is awesome too. A very nice happy good looking family.
Hope you get over your cold soon and hey don't worry, the kids will settle into routine real soon. kids are so much better at that than the adults!!!

Edie said...

Looks like you had so much fun!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Makes we want to go camping again!!

I love the pictures. I am glad you had a good time even if you did catch a cold.