Monday, August 20, 2007

What a Good Weekend!

This weekend was so nice! My mom took my kids to Michigan to visit my sister for her birthday on Thursday, and they didn’t get back until yesterday! Hubby and I didn’t know what to do with ourselves!

Friday night we went out with some friends to dinner and a comedy club. The comedian was really funny and we had a great time. We came home and watched a movie (Click…I thought it was so boring and dragged on). Then Saturday we did some organizing around the house, went to breakfast and got a bike rack for our SUV so that we can take our bikes places. Then we went on a 9 mile bike ride. It was so much fun to be able to go as fast as we wanted and go anywhere we wanted! When we go on rides with my daughter I have to be so careful because she swerves and doesn’t go as fast as we can…so the adult bike ride was very enjoyable!

Then we went to Whole Foods and hubby got some catfish and I got a steak and we made a very nice dinner and ate it outside. Then we had a fire with our neighbors and sat outside for a while.

Sunday we went to church and then came home and watched a movie (2 movies in one weekend is a record for us since we’ve had kids!). We just relaxed until the kiddos got home. Then my aunt and 3 of her kids (she has 9) came in from New York for the funeral and they all came over for dinner. It was so nice to just hang out with them…we hardly ever get to see them. The rest of their family is coming in on a busy on Tuesday (I’m not kidding…they came in a bus to my wedding!).

I actually felt like I had gotten enough sleep this weekend, and hubby and I kind of ran out of things to talk about! But it was wonderful and much needed. The funniest thing happened because of our break…I remember what it was like before I had kids and how my parents and sisters feel regarding the kids…I actually wanted to give them a bath, and brush their teeth, and read them multiple books. It’s funny how those things become “chores” when you do it every night, but when you get a break, you long to do them again!

I missed the kids a ton and am so glad that they are back!

6 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I am SO glad you had down time this weekend and were able to relax and rest!

Anonymous said...

Awesome that you guys got such a relaxing weekend.

I, too, thought "Click" was rather boring and dragged on for entirely too long. Strange for me given I love Adam Sandler.

Sherry said...

Sounds like a weekend that you both deserved and glad you got the chance to have it Just doing things that you want to do, no schedules etc, a treat huh?
But like you said, you have children now and things just aren't the same without them around, are they?
Glad you had a good one, breaks are great for everyone

Julie said...

sounds like you had a great weekend!

Edie said...

Wow, what an awesome weekend!!! I wouldn't know what to do with myself if Hayden wasn't around for a whole weekend! Glad you guys enjoyed it!

Unknown said...

Sounds like fun! My dad actually lives in Michigan, so I am sure we will be experiencing something like this when Caleb's old enough not to be scared of Grandpa :)

And I find it very bizarre that the things we drag our feet about end up being the things we long to do after a nice little vacation. It's good for the soul. Glad you got to relax!