Monday, August 13, 2007

Fun Monday - Favorite Treat

Beckie at Give it a Try is hosting this week’s Fun Monday, and here is her assignment:

I want to know what your favorite treat is. Is it sweet or sour? Is it plain or salty? Is it candy or chocolate? Is it homemade or store bought? For instance, if your favorite is chocolate, tell us what kind specifically - sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes not so much. I have heard a lot of talk about Junior Mints, but is it your favorite or just a tasty treat? It can be anything, popcorn, peanuts, ice cream or chips, maybe you have more than one favorite - that is ok, just show us your favorite(s) and tell us why you like it so much. C’mon, what gets you all juiced up?

Hmmm, my favorite treat…that’s hard for me to say because I LOVE treats! My favorite would definitely be in the sweet category…but trying to pick my favorite is just mean!

I think it really depends on where I’m at and what type of mood I’m in. For instance, yesterday I was at this gigantic amusement park (Cedar Point) and I really love these when I’m at places like that:






AND



When I’m at home and having people over, my absolute favorite treat is cut-up fruit (especially pineapple) with this:




Lately though (especially after this last week with temporarily having 5 kids) my treat of choice has been this:


**Sorry for not having any real pictures…did I mention I had 5 kids this past week and was up in Sandusky this past weekend?

24 comments:

irreverentmama said...

What is that first thing? It looks crispy and sweet...

Ooo... margaritas. My favourite summer drink. Lime, with crushed ice, and yes, salted rim, please.

Beckie said...

Your pictures are great! They totally get the point across. The Margarita Mix is looking pretty good to me. I wanted to mix some up this past weekend, but it didn't happen.

Have a good Monday!

katy said...

now you are talking, margarita, fresh furit and a chocolate fountain mmmmmmm, lets party!

Amy W said...

Yum, funnel cake!!

Anonymous said...

Fruit and chocolate. Oh yeah. Especially if it's a good chocolate like Bernard Callebaut.

Karina said...

As I was going through your list I was going "yep, uh huh, yeah..." and then the margarita mix "DEFINITELY"...great list of treats!! ;-)

Debs said...

It has been ages since I had a funnel cake. YOU have some goodies up. :D

Kaytabug said...

I love funnel cake!!! What is that second pic? I love chocolate covered fruit and Margaritas are my FAVE!!! I want to break out in song!!! "Wasted away again in Margaritaville..."

Edie said...

Funnel Cakes are THE BEST!! :)
Did you know that you can now get them at IHOP? Y-U-M!!

ChrisB said...

Is that a choc fountain wow that is luxury yum :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Funnel cakes are the best food ever! Ever!

Tiggerlane said...

Funnel cakes rule - I can't ever resist them when I got to the fair or a carnival.

Go Cuervo!

Sherry said...

mmmmm fresh pineapple my all time favorite!!! Well with the exception of blueberries, strawberries with the best dip in the world, yeah love fresh fruit
That chocolate fountain looks mmmm but chocolate and I don't get along darn.
So back to a normal week, you did it FIVE kids and you survived, haha with a little help from your friend Margarita!!!

Anonymous said...

Yum...summer is the perfect time for an icy margarita!

Anonymous said...

You deserve mass quantities of all those treats after what you've been through! Of course, with that many kids around the only thing left for you would be the margarita mix.

Anonymous said...

I SO dig chocolate fondue!!

And margarita mix makes most things better. Or at least more festive.

Kaytabug said...

I am sorry I had to come back and tell you that you are not alone I LOVE dipping my fries in ice cream! Mcd's fies in their soft serve vanilla!!!yum!!

Anonymous said...

YES! Margarita's are always a nice treat to have (especially after watching many children for a week).

Pamela said...

was that chocolate fondue????

I had the most gigantic strawberry dipped in chocolate this spring at a candy store.

I figured I'd died and gone to heaven. But I ate it and still went shopping (which is actually hell. I hate to shop)

Unknown said...

Mmm...I'll have one of everything and a two of the last, please.

Anonymous said...

Fruit, chocolate and margos. What else does a person need? :)

Unknown said...

Hmmm, maybe that's whay I don't need a stiff drink anymore. We're down form having 5 kids in the house ALL the time to only have two left at home. Ahhh, almost peace at last. Wondered why I no longer needed my rum and cokes. You reminded me. :)

Beccy said...

Oh a chocolate fountain, how yummy and by eating it with fruit you can pretend you're being healthy as well!

theotherbear said...

I'll join you in the margarita. Although if you actually had a chocolate fountain/fondue thing/whatever it's called like that I would also come over to check it out. But I would dip marshmallows in it! MMM!