Wednesday, August 01, 2007

My Birthday....

Well yesterday was wonderful! I had an awesome lunch with my friend, had great cake at work, and then had a wonderful dinner!

When I got home I informed hubby that I wanted everyone to go to dinner. I said that I liked big birthdays, and that our anniversary is in a couple weeks and we would be going alone then. So when my sister got there I told her that we had changed our minds and that she and her boyfriend would be coming with us to dinner!

Hubby had me open my presents before we left. I opened the one from my son and it was a flashy-light thingy for the back of the pull-behind thing for the bike that we put the kids in. I was like "OK, ummmm, thanks." Then I opened my daughter's present and it was a speedometer for a bike...something hubby wanted! I was a little confused until I opened hubby's present.......a brand new bike! I've been using the same one I bought at K-Mart when we were in college. It was $100 and that was BIG spending for me back then. I've never complained about it, it works fine and we go on bike rides all the time. But hubby had taken the kids to an actual bike shop and picked out a fantastic bike for me!

After presents we went to dinner at Las Margaritas and I ordered a huge Margarita right away! We had a great waiter! When it was time for dessert all I wanted was so fried ice cream. He came back and said they were out of ice cream, but I could have flan or a shot of Tequila. I told him not to worry about it, I would get something somewhere else. Then all of a sudden I hear these loud drums and singing and they put this huge sombrero on me and start singing to me! Then right in front of my they put a double shot of tequila! And this whole time hubby whips out a little video camera that my dad has and told me that my dad had wanted him to take pictures for him of my dinner. So he's getting all of this on video. Since I had already had a gigantic margarita and I despise taking shots, I did a mini-shot so I wouldn't insult them and handed the rest over to my sister's boyfriend. Then hubby hands me the video camera and says "here, this is from your dad." So now I have a little video camera that I can always keep in my purse to get those "unforgettable" moments when I don't carry around our larger one.

So it was a great night! I decided to give my old bike the little girl that moved with us from our old house and she was soooo happy! She had even made me a birthday card!

I'm lucky because my birthday gets to be continued out for about 2 weeks! We'll celebrate and get more presents over the next two weeks as I see hubby's family and my other sisters!

Here are pictures of my presents:


Here I am opening my speedometer (can you tell I'm a little confused?):

My friend gave me the cool cookbook and the dish, which matches perfectly to a different one that I have and keep on my counter all the time. The camera my dad gave me is in front, and my sister gave me chocolates (she said she'll give me the rest of my present with my other sister).

And my new bike!!!!!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome night!! I'm so happy your birthday was as good to you as you are to those around you :)

Julie said...

Sounds like you had a great birthday. A large Margarita sounds fabulous!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

What a great celebration!

Sherry said...

Oh how fun your day was huh? And that bike, wow, awesome for sure!!! Love the celebration at the restaurant idea, need to see that video you know!! hint hint. Post it on you tube or drop shots, please??!!! :)
You so deserve the day and now enjoy your bike rides!!!

Edie said...

You had an awesome birthday!! How exciting.

Happy Birthday!!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday! Nice bike too. I am right there with ya on the shots, especially tequila! Makes me gag just thinking about it. Glad you had fun (except for the fried ice cream!)

Rach said...

Hi,

Sorry missed wishing you... Belated Happy birthday. I've started a blog called thesupermomclub.blogspot.com. It's about being fit and balancing out. Do check it out and leave your comments. I'm from India and it would be great to see if our experiences are different. You had earlier left a very sweet comment on my rachtoomuch blog.

Look forward to your visiting again!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Very thoughtful gifts! I am glad you had a great birthday!