Monday, July 02, 2007

Random Bits For Monday Morning:

- I had Friday off and had a wonderful day with my kids!

- We interviewed a potential sitter Friday night. She seemed really great and seemed to really love kids.

- The weather was absolutely gorgeous over the weekend.

- Saturday we had a potential nanny come to the house. She was good but had some issues that I just don’t think I can see past (she smokes, but assured me that it would never happen while “at work”).

- Saturday night hubby and I went and saw Evan Almighty. That was the funniest movie I have seen in a long time. We are going to try to take our daughter to see it while it’s still in the theaters (can you believe it, a movie that’s not a Disney movie that we can actually take our 4 year-old to???)

- Yesterday my daughter and I actually took a nap on a blanket in the grass outside. I couldn’t believe she fell asleep, but she did, and really quickly too!

- Hubby told our current sitter this morning that we were looking for a new one. To prevent any bad feelings (especially towards the kids in the next month) he told her it was because of the drive (now ½ hour each way, not on the way to work). He said she seemed to understand. We are giving her until August 1st until we switch – is a month good for someone that we’ve had for 3 ½ years?

- I only have to work 3 days this week – YIPPPPEEEEE!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I want to take a nap on the grass :)

Hopefully the potential sitter or nanny will work. As for the smoking: your daughter can be the one to let you know if she really does it while at work :)

A month is plenty of notice. Gives her ample time to find a child or children to take your places.

3 days--fantastic :)

Julie said...

I think a month is plenty. Our daycare requires 2 weeks notice.

Amy W said...

I want to take a nap on the grass too. Glad you had a good Friday with the kiddos.

Good luck with the babysitter hunt. And yes, I think you are giving her plenty of notice.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I'm so glad you got the ball rolling so quickly on the sitter situation.

Also glad you liked the movie. It was filmed in our county, so we're all taking an active interest in how well it does. Those beautiful mountains seen from the ark? I get to see them every day.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I think a month is a good amount of time. Some people wouldn't even do that.