Monday, July 23, 2007

A Wedding Like No Other....

My dad’s sister has 9 kids, and they all live up in Rochester, NY. For the past 14 years, we have been traveling up there periodically for each wedding as my cousins have gotten older. We very much look forward to these weddings. We get very excited and pumped up as the date gets closer. This family is the family I try to so hard to have. I have never met a nicer, more thoughtful person than my aunt; and she raised each and every one of her kids to be just like her. My daughter this weekend even informed me she wished she was one of my aunt’s grandkids because she is so sweet to everyone. Even though they have a lot of money, you would never, ever know it when talking to anyone in the family…they all work extremely hard and are thankful for everything they have.

The first wedding I went to was that of the oldest, who happened to be a girl. They had a gigantic tent in their front yard filled with tables and chairs, multiple bars and flowers everywhere. The stage was at the front with a live band. I don’t remember a whole lot of it, except that this wedding clearly took place in the early 90’s. Yes, that is me at barely 14.
Each wedding since then has been at various country clubs and hotels around the city. There were all exceptional! Even the weddings in which my cousin was the boy (therefore, not my aunt and uncle paying for it) were fantastic!

This past weekend the last of the girls of that family got married (there are two boys left to get married out of all 9). She had hers in a tent in the front yard again. Of course it was spectacular. My aunt had arranged for a baby-sitter up at their house while we ate, and then my two kids got to come down and join in the dancing and fun. It was so great to see all of my family on that side.



We stayed in a gorgeous hotel (at which we left our clothes hanging in the closet – they will shipping them out to us soon) and got to relax between the ceremony and the reception at my aunt and uncle’s summer house on Lake Ontario. The car trip was a little tough, but at only around 6 hours with stops, it wasn’t unbearable.


I asked hubby when we were at the reception how many more clients he needs to bring on in order to have a wedding like this for our daughter (and any possible future ones), and he just smiled at me :)

7 comments:

Sherry said...

All the wedding you described are fairy tales come true huh? Great you had a good time, bummer you left your clothes!!!
All the pics are great and your daughter looks so happy in the last pic!!!
See another beautiful wedding to tuck in your memory huh?

Amy W said...

You guys look amazing...! How cool was it that they provided a babysitter??!!

Edie said...

Wow! That wedding looked AWESOME!! I could only dream of a wedding like that. Very, very cool!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures--looks like you guys had a great time! Another 4 or 5 hours in the car and you could've come to see me!! :)

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

It sounds like a terrific weekend. Thanks for sharing the photos!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Beautiful wedding!! Great pics of you guys too!!

Dani said...

The wedding sounds wonderful and you guys look great!
I should have paid more attention and we could have had a mommy blog meet up.
Thanks for the picts. Hope you enjoyed Rachacha