Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Completely Random Tidbits

Random bits of info:

-Amy W awarded me the Rockin' Girl Blogger award (like forever ago) and I have yet to say "Thanks!" I really appreciate her thinking I rock!

-Sunday night hubby did the nicest thing ever – he laid a blanket down on the floor up in the sitting room in our bedroom and lit candles all around it, and then melted chocolate and cup up a bunch of fruit for us to eat. Then he gave me a wonderful massage! It was perfect! He said he wanted to help me relax, which he definitely did!

-My neighbor brags about working 12 hour days and that she’d never, ever want to be a SAHM. I don’t understand why you would brag about that stuff…I think it just makes her sound like she doesn’t like her kids very much.

-Twice this week I have been chastised because of my age. I’m not kidding. Last night we met some new neighbors and when my friend told the new lady that I wanted to have 4 kids, she looked at me and asked me how old I was. After I told her she flung her arms up in the air and said “shoot, I’ve got 10 years on you girl.” So? I really have no idea what she was getting at…I wasn’t even the one talking to her. I’m very happy with our decision to have kids young (and that we were able to do that), so it doesn’t phase me…it just seems so weird that it would happen twice within two days (the other time it happened at church on Sunday).

-Work is going to get crazy busy…the books were supposed to be closed on Friday (I have to wait until they’re closed to start my work) but they are still not yet closed. Dang bad housing markets…I really wish the market would turn around, but it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen until late next year as of now.

-Rihanna’s song “Umbrella” is on right now…I really like it and always sing along when I hear it (in the car…not at work :) ).

-I get to get my hair done tonight!!! I love getting my hair done…I love anyone touching my hair. My daughter loves to play beauty shop and I just sit there, in heaven, as she plays with my hair.

-I get to go to dinner with my friends from my mom’s group tomorrow night. While I hate that I’ll be gone two nights this week, I do love going to dinner with everyone!

I think that’s it…totally random stuff. Have a great Tuesday!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

If people are ready to have kids at a young age, DO IT!! I was 28 when Morgan was born. Not as young as I'd "planned", but not in my 40's, either. Don't let others comments get to you.

I LOVE having my hair touched--I'm in heaven while getting it washed and cut!!

Tell your hubby I said "Awwww.....how SWEET!!". Seriously. Sweet.

"Umbrella" gets stuck in my brain everytime I hear it!! Stuck for HOURS!!

Enjoy the hair appointment tonight and have a great time at dinner tomorrow :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

How sweet of your hubby!!

Nothing wrong with having kids kind of young. I had my first at 21 and my second at 26.

That song "Umbrella" gets on my very last nerve!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I love random stuff! Thanks for posting all of it. I'm glad your husband helped you relax AND that you have a hair appointment tonight. As for the age thing, I don't know how old you are, but you're out of college and married and what you do with your life is your business and no one else's.

Edie said...

I also get chastised for my age... it's happened all my life though. I was always the youngest in my class, the youngest to graduate from college... heck, I was even photographed at my workplace as the youngest employee!! (of course, this was several years ago)

I applaud you for having kids early!!

Michele_3 said...

How super sweet of your hubby to do that!! VERY NICE! 50 points for him!

I had my boys early- oldest when I was 24 & my 2nd came 19 months later- But I wouldn't change it for the world- Everyone is different,you work with what is good for you- people shouldn't bring you down about it though!

I love that song "UMBRELLA"
Very catcy- I sing to it in the car all of the time with my guys..
Take Care!!

Sherry said...

OMG hang on to that hubby of yours!! How thoughtful and sweet, wow!!!
If you are young and you have your children it's your business and no one else's , poo poo on them, right?? Yeah right!!!
Getting your hairdone, a massage, found a song you like, and dinner, girl you so have it going on!!!

Melody said...

Your husband sounds like a keeper!!

Julie said...

What a nice hubby!

Radioactive Tori said...

I was 22 when I had my first baby. Even now that she is 9 and quite obviously my kids are well taken care of and happy people STILL comment on how young I was when I started. If I hadn't started having kids young, and had waited, I probably would not have been able to have them. I always say things work out exactly as they should, and this proves it in my mind. I understand your frustration with peoples comments, because I remember all too well how frustrating it was. AND people don't even have the courage to say what they are thinking. They are actually trying to judge how young you (and I) were when we had our first baby, but instead of saying that, they just leave it as a comment like that so that you have no idea what to think about what you jsut said. I always felt slightly insulted even though nothing actually insulting was said.

I love the umbrella song, and I also love getting my hair done. My kids used to play beauty shop and "style" my hair, and I could almost fall asleep when they did it because it relaxed me so much.