Tuesday, July 24, 2007

A New Sitter = A Lot Less Stress!

Yesterday was the first day at the new sitter for my kids and I’m happy to report it went very well!

Hubby and I both dropped them off and they laid on the couch and watched Disney until the other kids woke up. I didn’t want to bother them but I did want to check up on them so I called around 11:30 to see how they were doing. She didn’t answer, so I just left a message. Around 1:00 I got a very extensive e-mail about everything they had done all morning and a report that all of the kids were sleeping. I got another e-mail around 4:00 saying that she had my daughter on her lap and was teaching her about how e-mail worked and that she could send me a message. This morning I got an e-mail stating that they were dancing to toddler songs and getting ready to have a picnic at the park.

Can I tell you that I am spoiled? The detail she gave me in each e-mail made me feel like I had been with them the whole time. It was fantastic!

Did I mention that this lady is actually cheaper than our previous sitter? We’ve always had a policy that money would not determine who we chose to care for our kids, so this is a complete bonus for us!

Yesterday the kids could not stop talking about how much fun they had and that they couldn’t wait to go back! Hubby was home a full hour earlier since it’s so much closer and actually had dinner started when I got home.

I could really get used to this!

9 comments:

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I'm so glad that the kids loved the new sitter!! That definitely makes working all day a bit easier!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

That's so great that it went well. You must be so relieved that all the stuff with the other sitter is now in the past!

The email updates are pure genius. You feel connected to the children and the sitter can give you a report more easily than a quick verbal one in the chaos of evening pick-up time.

Sherry said...

Oh how great is that? And the email another added bonus for you. Your new sitter sounds like she is a gem, a keeper and a person that really cares for the children under her care. Love the dancing to the toddler songs, active, happy and busy, what more could you ask for.
Another added bonus is the commute for you and your husband. Wow more quality time at night huh? I am so happy it is all working out!!!

Jill said...

That's so great! Just goes to show more money does not always equal better care. As a working mom myself, I know how much it means to have peace of mind about leaving your kids.

Anonymous said...

SO glad it went well. The e-mail updates is wonderful. The money saving thing? Fantastic!! Hubby having dinner started when you got home? *sigh* WONDERFUL :)

clayburkle said...

Debbie,
Thanks for the comment. Caden will miss you and John on Sundays. You both made Sunday School a highlight of his week. Thanks!

Michele_3 said...

Oh I'm so happy for you! I know how this was stressing you out!
I'm glad she is working out for you all..

I love how she sends you detailed emails- That is Super cool!
Take Care!
:)

Dani said...

That sounds so awesome. It's awesome to feel like you've made a good choice.
It's unbelievable how much stress is gone once you know they are well taken care of and happy.
Congrats!

Amy W said...

Glad it is totally working out...sounds like they will be having fun and learning at the same time!