Monday, July 09, 2007


My little girl loves to run with the big girls in our neighborhood (the 8 ½ and 6 ½ year-old girls that moved with us and who she has known since the day she was born). She proved that to us and made it easier for herself on Friday when she learned to ride her two-wheel bike (aka – no training wheels)! I came home from work (hubby had taken the day off with the kids) and she was so excited to show me what she and her daddy had worked so hard on. I can’t describe how happy I am for her! And of course, it’s also a little sad as my baby really isn’t my baby anymore (I know, she shows me that every day!).

I had told her a couple of months ago that she would be riding by herself by the end of summer…and that made her all the more determined! So we raised her training wheels and she was uneven for a while now. Something just clicked with her (much like her very easy potty-training) and she’s doing it very well. She still needs our help to start (psychologically only – she really doesn’t need us at all) and she needs to practice on the sidewalk (the curve going around our court throws her off), but she rides around in the middle of the court like a pro!

At the same time my son has officially learned how to drive his powerwheels jeep by himself as well (no more running into the curb :) ). Life and the kids has gotten pretty easy lately…hubby interprets this to mean that it’s time to have another baby :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a big girl riding her bike!!

Another baby? How exciting :)

Amy W said...

So does this mean you are pregnant? :)

Man, I know 5 and 6 year olds that still have training wheels!!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Wow, what a big girl! Congrats on this milestone.

Melody said...

Good for her!!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

OMG!! What a big girl! Kaylie still doesn't know how to ride without training wheels!!

So, another baby, huh?