Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Neat Awards Luncheon

We had our annual awards luncheon today at this really nice Hilton by our office. The food was fantastic! There were about 425 of us there (we have a little over 900 people that work for our company around the country). We were actually there for almost 4 hours! The neatest part about the luncheon was that Jason Thomas of this and this, spoke to us because we did this. We presented him with a check for $30,000 and he spoke for probably a good 1/2 hour thanking us and telling us what a great product we have. He is such an amazing guy and truly grateful for everything that he has ever gotten. It was such an honor to have him at our lunch!

And Vegas-trip-planning girl is getting on my nerves. I wish I could put into words a description of her, but I just can't. She's trying too hard to look like she's upper-class...do you know the type? Talking about her BMW, always wears a ton of jewelry, tries to sound snotty when talking about certain things. OK, I'm doing a horrible job describing her, but I swear, she's annoying! She sat at our table for lunch, and, well, annoyed me.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We watch the show every week and the week this episode aired, I made sure to watch it (rather than DVR it). As is typical for me with this show, I got all teary eyed and was so happy that this family was able to have this done for them. It's awesome that your company had so much to do with it.

As for V.P.G....I SO don't like people like her. I hate when someone tries to come off as more than they are. Sympathies to you for having to deal with that on a daily basis.

That Chick Over There said...

Sorry about the snotty lunchmate. :(

On my list of 50 bloggers? You are number #32. :) I so appreciate positive people!