Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Confessions of a Working Mom

OK, I’m totally stealing this from Amy W. (I asked her if I could…I just didn’t wait for a response :) )

1.) Sometimes (OK, a lot of times) I’m so tired of fighting with my kids that I get lazy and don’t stand my ground. Like if my 3 year-old asks me to have something, and I say “no”, and she keeps asking, only in different ways and tries to trick me, there are a lot of times I give in and say “fine”

2.) My son has been in our bed for the last 3 nights.

3.) My daughter has stayed up with me until 10:30 each night that hubby has not been there because I want a friend to hang out with :)

4.) My kids drink juice. Granted, it’s watered down, even for my daughter, but I know everyone says juice is such a “no-no”

5.) Oh yeah, they drink chocolate milk too.

6.) They get a lot of treats

7.) BUT…they don’t get a treat until they eat apples, or bananas, or carrots or blueberries :)

8.) My son had whole milk starting when he was 10 months old because I was so tired of breastfeeding all.of.the.stinking.time.

9.) I buy my kids a lot of stuff. So much that my daughter will tell me I “can just by it the next time I’m at the store.” The $1 section at Target is dangerous.

10.)My kids watch a lot of TV. Mostly it happens at the sitter’s. But occasionally, when I don’t feel like playing house, again, I ask if they want to watch a movie or show and they scream “yes” and run for the TV.

11.)My daughter is obsessed with boobs. She has asked my about mine quite a number of times, and last night she informed me that she has been “educating” the 2 year-old that’s at the sitter’s with her about them. One boob has milk in it, the other one has juice in it (refer to number 4 above).

12.)When my sitter complains about something my kids have done, unless I feel it’s really bad, I usually ignore it right there in front of her and just give the kids lots of hugs and kisses. I learned this from hubby…I used to be all concerned with everything, but then he told me that he blows it off, so now I do it too.

13.)After hubby, I love my “two wonderful kids” (a) more than anything in this world!

(a) – this is what I call them. If they want me to pick them both up at the same time they’ll tell me (even my son) “do two wonderful kids!”

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll tell you what I told Amy: You gave your son WHOLE milk BEFORE he was ONE!! Oh. My. God!! I put Morgan in front of the Little Einsteins during lunch today so I could sit in the laundry room and cry. We should totally go out for a drink and then go Target-ing. That's what awesome Moms do, right?

I am laughing at blowing the sitter off....it's kinda funny and something I would SO do!!

Amy W said...

You can steal stuff from me anytime!

Ashley was in our bed last night.

Ashley pretty much will only drink milk if it's chocolate.

My house is a toy store. Seriously. Target is VERY dangerous.