Friday, February 23, 2007

Panic Attacks Over Decorating?

OK, enough of the bad stuff…I don’t like being angry and this is not worth my energy to be angry about and I’m so ready to be happy again :)

Our designer came over last night and talked window treatments with me. Let me back-up and say, as I have said before, the gift of decorating was NEVER bestowed upon me. Seriously, the thought of picking out curtains and paint colors and decorating stuff makes me hyperventilate. I was trying to hard to save money by doing the rest of our window treatments myself (which = going to Target or JC Penney’s and ordering them there), but after a couple of weeks of agonizing over how I was ever going to pick anything out, hubby told me to call the designer and let her handle it. I met with her yesterday, and by the time hubby got home with the kids, he said he could just tell how much better I felt. He said it was like something was lifted off of me. Now please tell me, why does something as non-important as picking out what will be on my walls and windows make me so crazy?? I think it’s because I hate that I have such a weakness; an area that I suck at. I really don’t like feeling so dependent on someone else when in theory it seems like it should be so easy! I mean come on…I’ve been in a lot of my friends’ houses that are beautifully decorated by them! Why can’t I do that? I’m sure it’s because I’m totally left-brained (hence accounting being my career field of choice).

Anyway, we picked out some really neat things, and once she gets me the price quote (yikes!) and it’s finalized, I’ll put up some links to show the kinds of things I picked out. I’m very excited because she just happened to flip through to these two fabrics that matched all of the colors in our kitchen and family room and that would really tie the two rooms together.

I’m going to the wedding of my college roommate tomorrow. I’m excited yet nervous at the same time. Luckily the one other previous roommate that has kids will be there, so hopefully we will be able to talk for longer than 2 minutes :) I will also get to see some people that I haven’t seen since college, so I’m REALLY excited! I’m not sure if I will bring the camera or not, but if I do I will post some pictures!

5 comments:

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I cannot decorate either! I am not at all creative. I see things that I like, but cannot figure out where to put them or how to make them work. I also hate that!

Can't wait to see pics.

Amy W said...

I am going to work on my curtains this weekend, my quote for custom curtains was WAY out of my budget...so wish me luck!

Unknown said...

I can't decorate for anything, either. Looking forward to what you selected. Then, send your designer my way... :)

redmaryjanes said...

Window treatments are difficult to pick out. It's hard to tell from a fabric sample what it all will ultimately look like.
Seeing some old college friends sounds like a blast!

Julie said...

I'm AWFUL at picking out window treatments. That would be why probably after 6 years in our old house only 1/3 of the house at curtains! This current house - yeah, no curtains anywhere and we've been here almost a year.