Thursday, March 08, 2007

Getting Nervous....

OK, countdown to people coming over: 34 hours and 20 minutes

I’m a little panicked. We have our monthly moms’ meeting tonight, so I’m probably going to be up pretty late after that getting everything ready. I could easily take tomorrow off, or do a half-day, but I’m a little funny about PTO (paid time off)…even though I really do have a good amount, I’m always worried that I’ll need more at the end of the year and won’t have it (refer back to this post about having a “plan” and then unexpectedly getting strep throat). Last night I was up pretty late but got a lot done. I filled up my buffet in the dining room with pictures (we have no table, just a buffet and hutch, so I use them to house decorations because my china is in my beautiful glass kitchen cabinets). I also got our guest room decorated pretty nicely (as nicely as you can without hanging anything or painting). I also washed the sheets and blankets and duvet cover from the guest room (which proceeded to run onto my towels), so that room is just about ready. The rest of the house…not so much. I’m going to grocery shop during lunch today and then rush home, do as much as I can before my meeting, and then come back home and finish it.

Last night we went to the Y and worked out and then went swimming. I really didn’t want to work out since it was the first time since this, but thankfully, hubby, the wonderful support that he is, got on the treadmill next to me and motivated me! And swimming was nice because by 8:00 the pool was pretty much empty and the water is much warmer at this Y than it was at our other one! But here comes mother of the year…we didn’t eat dinner until 9:00. Go ahead, just give me the award now :)

6 comments:

Amy W said...

My kids would be eating their limbs if we ate that late! I wish my kids were flexible on dinnertime!

Unknown said...

I wish my kid was that flexible on dinner.

Don't sweat it...everything for this weekend will fall into place. As for taking the entire day or 1/2 the day? Why not? Especially given the busy week you've had. The extra hours off work will mean you won't be as rushed or stressed and will have plenty of time to get ready for a fantastic weekend :)

By the way....I'm SO crashing the girly weekend. Send me directions...use Targets as landmarks!! :)

Happy Working Mom said...

Kellie, you know you are invited, I'm guessing it's about 25 targets away from you? Hop on a plane and come on over! The more the merrier, oh, and did I mention that I'm giving away goody bags to everyone that comes?

Julie said...

Goody bags - how fun! Sounds like you'll need a quiet weekend after your hectic week getting ready. It will be so worth it.

Kelly said...

I'm sure the get together will be fine! Seems like your well prepared..now if you can just relax and enjoy yourself!! I'm sure everything will go fine! Remember this is supposed to be enjoyable!

Radioactive Tori said...

We always have a snack after school and then when we have nights like this, we all sometimes forget to eat dinner. It works out ok for the older kids, but then my three year old is up in the middle of the night telling us he is hungry. We feed him because he IS hungry and it is our fault!