Friday, March 23, 2007

Misc. Thoughts About Yesterday

I got to work from home yesterday, which was very nice. One of the subcontractors was coming over to fix some of my flooring. My kids are down with my parents, so I truly had a day to myself that I could work and not feel guilty that I wasn’t playing with them.

I slept in until 9:00 which was AWESOME! Then I put some laundry in and did some work. I met hubby for lunch, and then came back and did more work until the flooring guys got there. Once they got there, I was trying to tell them what needed to be done but we had a little problem…

They.didn’t.speak.English.

Here I had three guys in my house and none of them had any idea what I was saying. I had the hardest time, but after about 20 minutes, and me talking to their boss on the phone, they understood what they were supposed to do.

2 hours later the carpet guy go there, and thank goodness he had no problem with English. He did notice that the other guys got some dirt or something on my carpet when they were working on the wood flooring, but the guys couldn’t understand it when we tried to tell them. Thankfully towards the end of their work our construction supervisor pulled into my driveway and took over. I was so frustrated!

After they all left my designer came over to talk more about window treatments. It will be expensive, but I think it will really add to our house, and since I’ve stated it before, I have no decorating abilities at all, so anything that adds to making my house more “homier,” the better.

After hubby got home there was a knock at the door. This girl says that she works for this designing company down the street that supplies all of the artwork for the model homes and stuff. She said that they had just finished an art show and were offering the artwork at low prices to new homeowners. So I went out and looked at the pieces and they brought in the ones I liked and we picked which walls they would go on and I wheeled and dealed them. I got 10 pieces for $545, which I think is a bargain…especially since my walls are bare! They are by real artists (I got a couple by this one that’s studying under Thomas Kinkade) and are still cheaper than I could get them from a home decorating store. One of the best parts about this too is that anytime during the next two years I can go into the store and switch out the prints for different ones for free! So if I get sick of one of them, I can drive myself two minutes down the street to the store and pick out different prints. I will post pictures after I hang them up, which should be this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, now I am jealous of your house AND your neighborhood. I wasnt a designer to stop at my house.
I wanna see pictures when it's all done.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great deal... :)