Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Who's Ready to be Very Jealous???

Just so you know, I did not leave work until midnight last night. And I’m back again.

Anyway….

Have I mentioned what I’m doing this weekend? I haven’t? Oh wow, then prepared to be extremely jealous as I describe this wonderful weekend that I will be having. First, hubby and the kids will be leaving the house Friday evening. Then about 6 of my friends will be coming over to do this, and this, and more of this, and some of this.

That’s right, it’s a girls’ weekend with no kids! We have been planning this for about 1 ½ months now, and I’m so excited! Since my new house is a little bigger than my old house, I have the room to comfortably host this gathering, and I couldn’t be happier! I love to entertain, so this gave me the perfect opportunity…a weekend getaway that doesn’t cost us anything! Friday night we are having a potluck (I still haven’t decided what to make…I think I’m going to order a pizza, but I would like to make something too) and I will bring out the chocolate fountain! We will scrapbook and hang out and watch TONS of girly movies and enjoy some adult beverages. Saturday we will sleep in (my plan anyway) and then scrap some more. I’m also going to volunteer to give manicures and stuff like that because I love doing that kind of stuff (I’m definitely the high maintenance girly-girl of the group). Then Saturday night we’ll go to dinner somewhere, and then come back and scrap and drink some more! Hubby and the kids won’t be back until later on Sunday, so I’ll have the whole day to relax!

All of these ladies and I are part of a moms group that meets once per month. We have our meeting, and then we also try to do a dinner out once a month and then try to get together to scrapbook as much as we can. The majority of them have all been in this group for a while and then I joined a couple of years ago and I have been friends with one of the girls that was part of our group for a little bit for about 3 years now. And our friend that moved to North Carolina in December will be coming up to see us! I’m so excited that she has a great husband that will watch the kids while she makes the 7 hour trip up here to hang out with us!

Do you understand how excited I am??? I will definitely post some pictures!

So here’s my plea to you guys…what are some semi-easy but good appetizers that I could make for our potluck? There is no theme or anything, just a free-for-all! Let me know…I need ideas!

5 comments:

Julie said...

7 layer taco dip is always a big party hit and easy. If you need a recipe email me for it. I bring it to every potluck and it's always one of the first dishes to go.

Bethany said...

I want to come over! Have a great time.

Amy W said...

Totally jealous! I will have to look in my cookbooks tonight...

Anonymous said...

Insanely jealous....given my girl weekend was canceled!! I hope you have a great time....eat and drink and have FUN!!

Dani said...

I am soo jealous. I'd suggest a recipe but I'm so behind in reading blogs that you're already past needing it. Hope you have fun!