Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Weekend Recap Part II

OK, now for the weekend recap you are all interested in :)

After hubby and the kids had left I ran around the house making sure that everything was perfect. I had decorated the guest room and bathroom a little, made the kids’ bathroom more grown-up by getting rid of all the toys and putting pretty towels and soap out, and I put mints on all of the pillows. I really wanted everyone to feel like this was a retreat to a bed and breakfast. I also made goodie bags for everyone, and this is what was inside those goodie bags.







Around 7:15 the first of my guests arrived. Sometime after that the other two came. One of the girls was not able to make it because she was sick. We basically spent the whole night eating, watching movies and talking. I can't believe how much food we had! We had the chocolate fountain (which, I'm embarrassed to admit it but it took me a while to get it going good, with a little help from my friends :) ), Dorrito Dip stuff, pizza calzone things, cheese ball, cookies, Reese's Peanut Butter cheesecake and the 7 layer dip. We probably had more but I can't remember now because there.was.so.much.food.all.over.the.counters! We kind of started to get our scrapbooking stuff out, but we didn’t really do anything. A couple of the girls went to bed around 1:00, but since I had been up the night before, I stayed up until about 2:30 printing pictures out and watching TV.

The next morning we all got up and got right to scrapbooking. We ate breakfast, and then scrapped some more! Before I knew it it was after 1:00 and the one girl from North Carolina was heading out, and one of my other friends was coming in. I didn’t take a shower until 3:30! I think that’s some kind of record for me…I always have to have a shower right away!

Around 4:30 we headed out to a new scrapbooking store that opened by my house. I got some cute things but they were a little pricey compared to other places I could go. We then headed over to another scrapbooking store where I bought even more stuff :) Before we knew it we had to head home to get ready for dinner. We had reservations at this cute little local place that I had heard was good. I had gotten on their website and it said to call for reservations, so on Friday I did that. We walk in and I tell them my name and the girl leads us to this table right in front of the door! She tells me it’s the only table, and I said “I thought since I made reservations I would have gotten a better seat.” She informs me they’re not really reservations, it’s more like call-ahead seating. Whatever! She found a table that was a little better, but the night had started off not so great. I then proceeded to look at the menu and notice that the prices are at least $2 higher on everything than they showed on the website! I’m writing an e-mail to the manager today…don’t put things up on your website if they are not accurate! Anyway, we started looking at drinks and my one friend and I decide to split a bottle of wine. It was Selbach, a Riesling from 2003 and it was the best wine I’ve had in a long time! We had no problem finishing off that bottle. Luckily for us we had a pregnant girl with us, so we didn’t have to worry about driving :) Our dinner was fabulous, I had the shrimp bisque and a Panini with all kinds of Italian meat. The other ladies had different pizzas that looked wonderful. Then the girl I shared the wine with and I shared chocolate lasagna for dessert :)

We went home and got back to scrapbooking while drinking some wonderful Smirnoff Twisted Raspberries. After about an hour I made us some mudslides that were OK (I had forgotten to buy more Baileys, but they were still pretty good). We finished scrapping and finished watching the movie that we had on (we had movies on all the time!) and two of the girls headed up to bed around 2:00, I think. But then the one girl and I stayed up and talked until 5:00 am! I couldn’t believe how late it was, but it was nice to feel like I was back in college again :) I felt bad because she woke up with the others came downstairs in the morning around 8:00 or 9:00. Me, on the other hand, I slept until 11:30. When I came down I started scrapping again, and shortly after that two of the girls left. Then a couple of hours after that the other girl left. It was about 3:00 and I was home by myself! I finished scrapping and here are all of the pages that I did:











I washed all the sheets and towels and then just laid on the couch until hubby and the kids got home around 8:00. He had promised my daughter that we would go to Buger King (Burger King, but she calls it “Buger king”). We then came home and put our son to bed and hung out with our daughter…I showed them all of the pages that I had done!

Yesterday we overslept…big time! Hubby’s supposed to leave the house at 6:40 and I woke him up at 7:00. Oh well, we got through the day alright and I think we are back to normal. It was such a great weekend, and it’s amazing how much patience I have with kids after just a couple of days of taking care of myself! You are all invited to the next one!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! Even with the small issues with the restaurant.

Awesome job on the scrapbook pages...

Glad you had two days to yourself. It's amazing what a small break can do for us :)

Amy W said...

I am so in on the next one...

And those pages? I am totally stealing the ideas :).

Michele_3 said...

Wow! That soounds like a blast! I would love to have a whole girls weekend of scrapbooking, gabbing & so on! Great idea!
Glad it all went really well!
:)

Julie said...

Looks like you got a lot of pages done - they are great. I've got a crop scheduled for 3/24 - can't wait!

Kelly said...

Great job on the scrapbooking pages..awesome..I used to be so into scrapbooking....but the past couple of years..haven't really found the time to do it..or should I say haven't made the time. Looking at yours makes me want to dig all my stuff out and get to work!

Glad you had a fabulous weekend...all refreshed and ready for the week ahead now right?..lol