Monday, March 05, 2007

I Hurt All Over!!!

My weekend was not relaxing. I feel like I got hit by a bus. No, I’m not sick, I just hurt all over due to my obsession with working out.

Let me back up. Friday night we went to dinner with my mom and my sister to this place. I love it there…the food is so good and the service is fantastic. The wait was an hour, so since it’s right in front of the mall, we went over there with the kids while my mom waited at the restaurant. My sister and I took my daughter to Sephora. She loves to play in there…and she has to do her own make-up. So she came out of there with very pink cheeks and very proud of herself. My husband took my son to the play area and they had fun. I ran into Pottery Barn Kids and found these cute little silverware pieces with knives that have serrated edges. My daughter is really into cutting her own food now, and I thought these would be a perfect substitution for adult knives. Anyway, we went and ate dinner and the kids went to bed as soon as we got home. The kids decided to get croupy through the night, and by the time morning rolled around, there were 4 of us in a queen bed.

Since I didn’t make it to the Y on Friday, Saturday morning I noticed that there was a step aerobics class that I wanted to try. So hubby took the kids to the store and I went and got.my.butt.kicked. It was a hard class, but I felt so good afterwards! Afterwards I played with the kids while hubby spent about 5 hours in the garage cleaning it up and organizing it. My son was definitely not feeling well because he wasn’t acting like himself, and it took me three times to put him down for a nap.

My dad got there and played with my daughter until my son woke up. And then my son was very clingy to him and my poor daughter was feeling a little left out. So hubby and I decided that we would take her out with us! She was so excited! She got a little dressed up, did her hair all cute, and headed here. The wait was about 50 minutes and she was a complete angel! We waited by the lobster tank and she kept asking all kinds of interesting questions about the lobsters. It really reminded hubby and I of how easy one child is! Especially when they’re as good as she is :) Afterwards we went to Blockbuster and rented A Bug’s Life because she hadn’t seen it yet. Then we proceeded to watch it and then fall asleep on the couch.

Did I mention I was starting to feel a little sore already?

Iwoke up Sunday and I couldn’t walk. I haven’t hurt this badly since we moved in and I was working around the clock. I got ready for church and got my daughter ready and headed out. I could barely walk from the car to the Sunday school room! After church we decided to go to the Home and Garden show with some friends, and let me tell you, walking around that place was no picnic!

When we got home, after popping tons of Advil, I tried to get dinner out for everyone and clean up the house a little since it had been neglected all weekend. We all went down and played trains for a little bit and then sent the kids to bed while we watched a little TV.

I woke up this morning and am still having a hard time walking. I can’t believe how much my legs hurt…and I even sat in our Jacuzzi last night. The thing that’s making me really mad is that I can’t work out, and I have been doing so good…I lost almost 2 lbs. last week! Hopefully my legs will feel better tomorrow :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry you're kinda crippled right now :( Excellent on the 2lb loss...although, from the pic of your on your profile, I doube you need to lose anymore!!

The few nights my daughter ends up in our bed, I'm praying for a BIGGER one and I have a King size!! Can't imagine what it'd be like with 4 in a Queen....

Hope your're able to walk soon :)

Julie said...

At least you can't walk for a good reason. Yesterday I could barely walk b/c I ate to much at brunch! : )

Amy W said...

Pretty funny how sore you are :). Totally laughing with you...

Kelly said...

Even though your in pain..it is for a good cause!! Think of how good it feels to be in pain due to working your A*( off!! But your right it does suck! Hope your feeling better tomorrow!

Michele_3 said...

Yikes!
sorry you are so sore!
hope you get to feeling better soon-Keeping taking motrin, it will help!