Friday, March 30, 2007

A Fun Night

Last night was so awesome! Hubby plays basketball on Thursday nights, and one of our friends plays with him. I went over to their house with the kids to hang out with his wife and their three kids. They have 2 girls, and my daughter is in between them in ages and plays so well with them! They also have a son that’s a little over 1 year, so soon (I think) he and my son will play a lot together.

My friend cooked us an awesome dinner of chicken, green beans, corn and mashed potatoes. And we sat there, with all our little kids at the table…it was so nice! And it gave me a look at what it’s like for people with 5 kids. Holy.Crap.

The guys got back around 9:30 and ate some dinner and we didn’t end up leaving until around 11:00. It’s so nice to have friends that are the same as us…no schedules! No “my kid has to be in bed by 7:30 so we can’t come over.” I think I will have to do a post on routines and schedules sometime…I have a lot of curiosities about them :)

The best part was that after I got the kids into bed and then hubby and I climbed into bed ourselves it was around 12:30 am. I popped up and said "oh my gosh, I have to make breakfast work everyone at work tomorrow." So the wonderful hubby that I have got out of bed and came downstairs with me and helped me make the casseroles so that all I would have to do is pop them into the over this morning. Needless to say I'm a little bit tired today :)

That’s about it...oh, and we’re trying to play a vacation for the middle of June. We want to rent something that sleeps at least 8, has its own or access to a pool, and is generally a fun place. Other than that, we have no idea. So if you know of cool places to go, please let me know! I want to get this planned so I can stop worrying about it :)

6 comments:

Julie said...

Sounds like the Outer Banks is a good place for your summer vacation. You can get awesome rentals, with private pools, down there. We've never been (we have another beach we go to in DE that's free!) but tons of our friends go there and love it.

Anonymous said...

Outer Banks...I agree!! I've never been there myself, but have friends and family that go every year.

Unknown said...

I would say the Outer Banks as well. We have been there the last 5 years and it is great!!! So much to do and beautiful weather too!!

Kelly said...

Does sounds like a good time! What a great husband to help make breakfast!! I'm with everyone else...definitely the OUter Banks!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

The Outer Banks is great, no question about that, but for someone living in the Midwest, NC wouldn't be very accessible. Closer to home, what about the Wisconsin Dells or Cedar Point, Ohio?

Amy W said...

Yes, the Outer Banks! And then I can come see you!!

Um, yea, I am totally that person with kids on a schedule. But! I would definitely still hang out and keep them off their schedules sometimes.