Friday, March 16, 2007

Radioactive Girl tagged me for this meme

Here's how it works: Put up a post "Real Moms [insert what you do here]", followed by an explanation, a picture, and a "Real Moms. Making ....". Then tag five people.

Here's mine:

"Real Moms Sometimes Feed Their Kids Junk Food"



Real Moms. Getting a "treat" out of giving their kids treats since the beginning of time.

I was trying to think of what to do for this, and when I walked in my kitchen to make dinner last night I saw the enormous bowl that is overflowing with candy on my counter (yes, there is a bowl under there somewhere). This has been on our counter since we have moved in (it was started with all of the Christmas candy). I can't make myself throw it away...what a waste of perfectly good candy. Here's another shot if you're not quite understanding how much freaking candy is there:


And the brownies and cookies are leftover from my girls' weekend.
My kids hardly ask for any of it, which is probably why it's still on the counter. But when they do ask for it, unless it's right before a meal, I will give them some. A little candy is not going to hurt them, and they get so excited! I thought my son was going to jump off of his chair last night because I gave him 2 emmies (M&M's). My mom seriously deprived us of sweets, and while I won't go overboard, this has influenced my decision to allow my kids to enjoy something sweet on more than "special occasions."
Have Fun! I can't wait to see what you all come up with!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

That IS a lot of candy :) Send it to me!! Thanks for the tag...I'll be wracking my pea brain for what to do!!

Radioactive Tori said...

We have the same bowl of candy at our house. I can't seem to throw it away, but no one ever really asks for it. I think it multiplies while we sleep because it just never looks like we have eaten any of it even though I know we do.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Yeah, those M&Ms would not last a week at my house. I have a serious addiction to them!

Wendy said...

We have the same bowl, except it is from Halloween. My daughter is allowed one treat (doenst matter the size) out of the bowl after dinner, lunch, midday, breakfast, whatever. It amazea me the things she picks, but I dont influence her choices at all.

I was strict about her not having candy when she was a toddler. However, I have lighten up a bit. I figure I need to teach moderation, right? Besides, she knows when to stop which her dad and me have a problem wtih. Maybe I am restricting the wrong people.

Michele_3 said...

I saw that you tagged me!
Gosh, now I will have to get thinking! Thanks! LOL!
I'll post as soon as I can- This week is Spring Break for my oldest-so I will MIA for a bit..

Girl con Queso said...

Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Candy, yum.
Totally catching up on blogs here. I promise I'm thinking up something good for the meme. Thanks for tagging me!