Monday, October 15, 2007

Not Exactly Fun Monday, But Interesting

OK everyone, I know that I’m supposed to do Fun Monday, and I will, I promise (I even scanned in prom photos – that makes you want to come back, doesn’t it??), but this is much juicer and you all can live though my misery.

I had a hair appointment with my sister-in-law at 6:30 this morning. At 7:10 my cell phone rang and by the ring I knew it was hubby. It was weird that he was calling me (he knew I was getting my hair done) so I answered it. He wanted the phone number of the sitter because he had been outside her house for 20 minutes knocking and ringing the doorbell. I gave him the numbers and he called me back saying that no one answered the home number and her cell went straight to voicemail. He asked if she had sent me any e-mails, and I told him not through Friday, and we all know (including the sitter) that my other one is a work e-mail address and I don’t check that on the weekends. Luckily my sister-in-law had a laptop and I got in and checked my e-mail. This is what I found:

"Hello

I am sorry to email to tell you this...but I am getting a divorce. I will be spending this week in with my mom, trying to get my life together. I really don't feel like talking to anyone right now, just trying to make my life as normal as possible for the kids. I am very sorry to do this to you guys...but I don't believe your children should be put in the middle of the mess going on at my house right now.

Thanks..."

She didn’t even have the freaking courtesy to call me and tell me she couldn’t watch the kids anymore. And you know what time she sent the e-mail??? Sunday at 4:35 PM!!!!
Soooo….WE HAVE NOBODY TO WATCH THE KIDS!!!! Luckily hubby’s parents were coming up to watch our nephew tomorrow, so they’re on their way up to watch our kids this afternoon and tomorrow as well. But I have no idea what we’ll do for Wednesday. And of course I’m into super busy mode with work and cannot take any time off – I will just be working at home if I absolutely have to.

Fee free to now be thankful that you are not me :)

14 comments:

Katie Swaner said...

also sorrya bout the double comment. clicked twice apparently

Anonymous said...

That? Is wrong. On so many levels. I get not wanting to talk to anyone, but she wasn't canceling a date for coffee and manicures. A phone call was needed.

Want me to pack Morgan up and come watch the kids for a while? :)

Sherry said...

ONG that is just nuts!!! What the hell is in her head anyway, SPACE???? I am so sorry cause I know the trouble you had finding her and now this!!!! Dang if I was closer you would have a sitter 24/7 I would do it in a heartbeat, and never ever leave you stranded!!!
Hope you can find another sitter soon. A hell of a way to start the week , huh???

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

What she did was unprofessional, plus just flat-out wrong.

So, are you looking for a new sitter?

If you do change sitters -- and I know how hard it will be to find a new one -- I suggest filing a complaint with the agency that licenses her.

Mrs. Booms said...

What a crock!!! seriously.

Anonymous said...

That sucks. Makes me appreciate our sitter more. Hope things work out soon.

Sandy said...

How totally unbelievable is that? So sorry and I hope the rest of your day is easier. And, oh a chicken, did your sister-in-law give you your old prom hairdo?

Jill said...

Wow- I am so sorry. It's amazing that people take on such responsibility (taking care of someone else's children) and then act so irresponsibly. I know it must be hard for your sitter to have to talk about her problem, but why lost respect from you at the same time? I am sure you have already thought to be prepared for her to not be available next week, either. Are you looking for another sitter?

Anonymous said...

Maybe she is irresponsible because her husband is leaving her and has no hope at the moment. If my husband walked out on me I would have a hard time dotting my i's and crossing me t's and I would probably be crying all day and not wanting to see any one. Ever. Not to make excuses but probably better she didn't watch your kids today anyhoo... Safer that way :-(

Unknown said...

That sucks! (can I say sucks?) It makes you wonder. . . ok I know I watch too much Forensic Files but what if her hubby emailed that after he knocked her off? I mean, how do you know?

Pamela said...

is there any chance her life was in danger?

If it wasn't... it would be now if she'd been my hired sitter. (oh... I shouldn't make light of this)


I was always so blessed because my husband had a firefighters shift and could be home no less than two and sometimes 4 days a week... plus my mom lived close.

I'm sorry this happened to you.

Dani said...

OMG I would want to kill her! I realize this is probably a really difficult time for her. BUT, you buck up and at the very least CALL you and let you know that she will be unable to take your kids. At least give you the chance to find someone to cover.
Argh.

Edie said...

OH my goodness!! That is SOOO horrible of that sitter. I can't believe she didn't have the decency to call you and, at the very least, leave you a voicemail message!! I would be so angry!!

I'm sorry you have to deal with this. Ugh!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I am just now catching up on your bloggy. Been waaaaay behind!

That was wrong. She should have definitely called you to let you know this! Not via email!