Tuesday, October 16, 2007

FUN MONDAY - BETTER LATE THAN NEVER!!!



OK, so it’s a day late, but Janet over at From The Planet Of Janet was the host and her assignment was:

“Describe your meeting with your spouse/significant other. I especially want to hear "meet cute" stories. And it doesn't have to be your actual current sig/other. Perhaps the "meet cute" story is a former boy/girlfriend... or even a best friend. Illustrate with photos, of course.”

When I was a Junior in high school my parents decided it was a good idea to move from a big city down to a tiny little college town. I went from a very sheltered private school to the local public schools with a graduation rate of 60% I think. My sister and I were shocked at what came out of people’s mouths and the awful smells that surrounded us as we walked the halls of our new school.

I met a guy fairly soon after arriving (his dad was an attorney, so definitely not one of my in-bred classmates) and we dated for a year. When we broke up I was kind of lost…his friends were the only friends I had since I had just moved there. The only thing I knew how to do was just start dating other guys. At one time I was dating three guys at once, but none of them were what I wanted, so I started looking for another one.

I thought about this guy that had been in my math class last year and I kept seeing him around in what was now my senior year. I thought he was really cute. For some reason, I got really bold and told a mutual friend of this cute guy’s and mine that I thought he was cute (you know, the high school way of getting a boyfriend). So she told him, and the next morning he comes up to my locker and just closes it on me! Now we had the lockers that had locks built into them, so I had to redo the combination and that really annoyed me! And the next morning he did the same thing to me!

On March 3, 1997 he asked me “to go out with him” and we have been together ever since. We went to our senior prom together. We went to college together. We’ve gone through tons of ups and downs together. He proposed in the summer of 1999 and we were married August 12, 2000 right before our senior year in college. He always makes me laugh. He’s my best friend in the whole world!

Now, almost 10 ½ years later I love him more than I did on that first date (which was a trip to a basketball game to find his wallet and then over to Dairy Queen for ice cream).

Here’s our prom picture:




And here we are at the Bellagio in Las Vegas about nine months before we had my daughter :)

14 comments:

Amy W said...

I love reading stories how people met!

Load the pictures when you can...I want to see them...

Anonymous said...

Reading the stories of how people met is so fun!!

Radioactive Tori said...

I love these stories!

Sherry said...

Now that's such a "perfect" way to start "the rest of your life" isn't it? Great way to meet and hey , thank goodness for school lockers, huh?? :)
High School Sweethearts, I love it!! All the great memories from your Senior year til now, awesome!!!

Kaytabug said...

I am really enjoying reading these How we met stories...yours is cute! Will check back for the photos!

Dani said...

How wonderful. It's so great to hear how people meet and stay together.
It's so cool, you'll be able to show your kids your prom pictures together.

Edie said...

Awww... you two look so happy together! :) I always think it's wonderful to hear high school sweethearts that make it last forever. That's a very rare thing!!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

That is so stinkin' sweet!

And I love your prom outfit!

Tiggerlane said...

Locker slamming! I will have to add that to the long list of things to tell my daughter to watch out for!

Cute and sweet story!

Anonymous said...

Cute story and cute couple! Nine months before you had your daughter, huh? =)

Unknown said...

Aren't you guys cute!! you make an adorable couple!

Sherry said...

Glad I checked back, great pictures!!!

ChrisB said...

Such a sweet story and you make a great looking couple.

Jill said...

aww how cute! great story