Monday, May 21, 2007

A Wonderful Birthday Weekend!

Wow, what a weekend! I had a ton of fun, but I am definitely exhausted! Friday my daughter and I went to the mall where she played for hours! She met some little friends and they had a blast together! Then we went to Sephora to get something for me and of course she put on a bunch of make-up and looked beautiful :) I especially loved the one eye with bright green eye shadow and the other one with bright pink :) Before I even made it out of the mall she was sound asleep, and slept the whole way in the car until we got to the cake store to buy the stuff to make her cake.

Friday night we went and picked up their jeep and some other little things needed for the party. By the time we got home it was dark out, but the kids didn’t care…they drove it out in the dark until we made them come in.

Saturday hubby finished painting (we are all done now!) and I started cooking all of the food for the party. Hubby also went and bought the fire pit that was needed for the party. My mom told me she was coming up early to help, and I guess our definitions of “early” differ. I had left some things that I knew she could help with and she ended up only getting their two hours early. So in the end we were rushing around like crazy trying to get everything done. I decorated my daughters cake in about 1 ½ hours, which is great for me (and I found a new type of icing that tastes great and is easy to decorate with, so if you decorate cakes and want to know, just e-mail me). Then It ended up being party time and we had no tables outside!

In reality, this is how all of our parties go…I’m never on time! But it worked out…the kids started playing tea party while I finished setting everything up. The only bad thing that happened was that hubby procrastinated getting the fire wood for the fire pit, so he and a friend went looking for some. 1 hour later he still wasn’t back. Finally he shows up with it and the party goes on. My daughter got some really neat gifts! And I was really proud of her when she was opening…she looked at her presents a lot longer before moving on to the next one this year than she did last year! Then we had cake and I have to admit, I really liked the way it tasted (unlike my others which were done purely for looks).

Once it started getting dark we brought out the hot dogs and s’mores. It was really nice sitting around roasting marshmallows and just talking! I think I finally took the kids in for baths around 11:30.

On Sunday we went to church and then my daughter and I headed over to the baby shower for my sister-in-law. It lasted about 2 hours, and what made it nice was the fact that some people that hubby had grown up with were there, so I sat and talked to them the whole time, and my daughter loved hearing stories about what her daddy did when he was little.

After the shower my daughter and I came home and took a nap! And then we went outside and played. I’m still worn out, but I think it was a wonderful weekend!

Here she is at around 10:30 last night watching Nemo while I cleaned up. She was so worn out but all she wanted to do was sit on the couch while I cleaned up a little. How could I say no?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend!! She is SO cute and her cake looks amazing...job well done, Mom :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Sounds like she had a great birthday!!! What a fun party! The cake looks great, and very tasty!

How funny is this: I almost named Kaylie, Kylie! I love that name!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Sounds like a very fun weekend.

And, I take it that your in-laws don't know about this blog? :-)

Happy Working Mom said...

No, my in-laws don't know about this blog, but hubby found it rather easily this morning (linked from the other one I write for where my name is listed) so I took out the stuff I had written...don't want to take any chances I guess. Although I'm sure they don't even know what a blog is.

Kelly said...

WOW talk about busy!! Absolutely LOVE the cake...you did a marvelous job!!

Sherry said...

look I got on the comment section tonight. See I told you this ol buddy "lappe" has a mind of it's own sometimes. But glad I could get on here. Like I said love all the pics, and the cake is great.
I am still searching the web for the icing, haha see you have me on a hunt, and it keeps me busy

Amy W said...

How cute!

Next time we are coming to the party...:)

Anonymous said...

The birthday cake is really pretty. I love the frosting design.