Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Stress Relieved, Stress Added

Thank you to all of you who have been so supporting and encouraging during my time of stress :) It’s getting better and worse at the same time. Last night, around 11:55 PM I finished the two photo books from Shutterfly for Mother’s Day. Those things are the coolest! I can’t wait to see what the finished product is. It was so easy, and really, a lot of fun. I scrapped about 30 pages in around a total of 8 hours. I would normally only probably get 5 pages, if I was lucky, done in 8 hours the manual way. I paid the extra money so that they should be here by Friday.

Another two things off my list, check! But guess what? Remember our piece o’crap Chrysler van? (Sorry to those of you that own one and like it…actually, no I’m not…we HATE ours! It keeps breaking, it’s been in the shop more times than I can count in the past two years, etc.) So last night hubby decides that he wants to get an SUV instead of a new van. So last night we went to the dealership and test drove one and loved it! We are going to sign the papers today. So good-bye piece o’crap van! The new car has a DVD player for the kids (they are sooo happy!) and a navigation system and a whole lotta other goodies. But, would you like to know how this adds to my stress? See, our piece o’crap van (it’s a 2002, and we bought it in January of 2005) had a value of around $20,000 when we bought it. Do you know what it’s value is today, just 2 years later? $6,000. Can you see how much of a piece o’crap it is? So of course we have negative equity that we have to pay, so bye-bye painters, hello hubby and me taking off work on Friday to paint because we are using our painting money to pay our STUPID van off.

OK, I think that’s about it for now…I wish I had some deep, thought provoking post, but really keeping a daily log of my “stress” is really helping. Would you like to hear about a new stress that hubby has added? No? OK, just close out because I’m going to write it anyway :)

Hubby has come up with a FANTASTIC business idea for me. It involves a very long standing profession, but adds a twist to it that no one else is doing. The problem? It involves a career change. I have to become a realtor. I’m not worried about it…I took one of the classes in college because I thought it was interesting and did really well in it. However, studying and taking the CPA exam is still so fresh in my mind, and the thought of going back to class for another 3 weeks and studying again is not a good one, especially since it’s now so nice out! I’m still trying to work out some details and get all of the information, but the more I think about it, it seems very silly to not go for it (especially since I don’t have to quit my current job to start it!). I’ll keep you posted!

10 comments:

Amy W said...

As a wife of a Realtor, I know too much about this stuff...and I think you would a)do fine in the test, it's a piece of cake compared to the CPA exam and b)would make a great realtor! Come work for my husband's team!

Anonymous said...

I love Shutterfly....I use it to share photos with family and the services they offer (the photo books, etc.) are great. Glad you liked it!!

Congrats on a new vehicle. What did you buy? I'm nosey like that :)

I've thought about becoming a realtor, but not sure if a)I'm smart enough; b) how'd I'd do in this area given there are SO many of them and c) I don't have a c...interesting.

Glad blogging about the stress is helping...that's what it's for!!

Sherry said...

New suv huh? wow how exciting is that one? As for you painting, aw call in "bonding time with hubby" tee hee.
Now my daughter is a relator and absolutely loves it. She has worn many different hats and this career is one she was made for. I bet you would be great at it, don't sell yourself short.
my email degonsa1@aol.com
blot www.radsad.wordpress.com

Radioactive Tori said...

I use Shutterfly all the time. I just used it to make a book for my son's birthday. He loves Dinosaur's Binket, and has a special dog he named woofie, so I made my own "Dinosaur's Binket" book for him with Woofie. It was so cool. I keep forgetting to post about it!

Hope your stress goes away soon! I don't like stress!

Happy Working Mom said...

I'm so glad that you guys had such great luck with Shutterfly...I still keep thinking in my head that it seems like I got way too much for $24 for each book (they were 20% off I guess). Normal Scrapbooks alone are close to $30!

You realtor-knowing-people I will probably be contacting you get some questions answered, thanks! And Kellie, I'm sure you're smart enough...to me, and I know there is a lot of knowledge that goes with it, but so much of it is personality..."clicking" with your clients (at least that's how I've felt on the other end of it).

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Cars are always good sources of stress!

Change in careers might be interesting. And, since you don't have to quit to start, you could see how you like it without taking a big risk!

Sorry about the painters; good luck to you and your hubby with the painting on Friday!

Julie said...

I must ask the most important question about your new SUV - what color is it?! : ) Congrats on getting rid of the crapola van.

Michele_3 said...

I adore shutterfly, I made a photo book for my husband with the boy's pictures last Father's Day- He loved it!! & I loved making it!!

Congrats on your new SUV!
Our minivan has the DVD package & I don't know what I would do without it- It is a lifesaver sometimes!!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Bummer about the painting -- remember that music on the stereo helps the time fly. :-)

And YAY for Shutterfly!

Good work knocking so many things off your list!

Kelly said...

Good Luck in the new career. I know it is stressful to sit through a 3 week program(and not like you need to your add of stress) but it will be worth it in the end! I know quite a few ppl who do this and they love it!!

I don't think you will be disappointed on the shutterfly album..they are beautiful!

Congrats on the SUV! I have a HONDA CRV and I love it! Will never EVER go back to a car or anything other than a SUV...What kind did you get??