Thursday, May 10, 2007

The Plan....For Now

So the plan is for my mom to pick the kids up from the sitter’s today and take them to her house. Then hubby and I are going to hopefully get everything taped tonight, and then we are taking off work tomorrow to paint. I really, really hope that we can get it all done in a day…I think that’s a little too optimistic, but we’re going to try.

Then on Saturday we’ll head down to my parents’ and then we’ll all leave for Kentucky for my sister’s graduation. Her wine bottle will be delivered today and my photo books should come tomorrow…I can’t wait to see how they all turned out! I will try to post pictures (if I remember…I still owe you one of the new car!).

Sunday we will drive home and hopefully stop somewhere nice for Mother’s Day brunch/celebrate my dad’s birthday which is tomorrow. It’s the start of the official birthday week…his birthday is exactly one week before my daughter’s, so ever since she was born he has named this “the birthday week.”

Sorry nothing interesting…I’m still stressed but working through it. I got a call this morning that our good friend (and neighbor’s) dad passed away, so they are all heading down to Florida right now. He knew it was coming…he had advanced lung cancer, but the really sad part is that the family had planned on taking a trip down to Florida Memorial Day weekend to say “good-bye.” They have two girls that are 8 and 6 and they didn’t get the chance to say “good-bye.” I know they were all so close to him…our family had even hung out with him a couple of times…he taught my daughter her first Spanish words.

I guess the silver lining to this has been a wake-up call to me…who cares how much stuff I “have” to do? Why am I stressing over all this stuff? At least I have my parents, and my husband, and my kids. I’m not dealing with a loss right now, and for that, I’m truly grateful.

9 comments:

Radioactive Tori said...

I actually love to paint so I wish I could help you!

Sherry said...

Wow you have tons lined up huh? so when you get done painting how about coming waaaaaaaaaaaaaay out to WA and help up stain our decks and paint our porch railings??!!!
Painting, graduation, birthday week oh my gosh, a full week.
Sad about your friends loss and not getting to say good bye. I so agree with out, family, friends, health all come first, material things really are just that, they can be replaced easily but not our family and friends.
Have a safe drive to graduation, have fun painting and yeah Happy Mother's Day to you !!!
degonsa1@aol.com
www.radsad.wordpress.com = The House of Mis Fits.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Well I hope you get all your painting finished tomorrow. Have fun on your trip and with your family!!

It's sad that sometimes it takes something tragic for us to see that maybe things aren't as bad as they seem.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Have fun with the painting. What colors did you choose?

Happy Working Mom said...

The kitchen and other walls will be a light tanish color. And then there will be two walls in the great room that will be a dark purple/brown mix that goes with our purple couch and our curtains that have that same color in it. I will try so hard to post pictures of it!

Michele_3 said...

Yoo are so right! It is completely natural for us mothers to get so caught up in the million things we need to do...(I'm guilty for sure)

Life is so short, At the end of the day all that really matters is that your still breathing & you have all your loved ones by you!!
Have a good little trip!!
Take Care :)

Amy W said...

I hate painting, so more power to you!

Good for putting a positive spin on things...I should think like that as well.

Kelly said...

Sorry to hear of your friends loss. It is sad they didn't get to say their good byes. Have fun painting tomorrow...if I was closer I would come and help, I love painting. Have fun on the weekend..and girl take some time to relax!! You deserve it!!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the painting!!

I love the way you ended this post. You're so right....we all get worked up over things going on and sometimes forget to take a step back and SEE what we really have.

:)