Thursday, May 24, 2007

We are off to Charlotte today, and I can't wait! I will leave work around 11:00, take my daughter to the doctor for her 4 year check-up, and then we are headed down to my parents' house to drop the kids off and then we are off to Charlotte!

Tomorrow we have nothing planned, so I'll probably lay around, read, shop at this gigantic outlet mall and take a nap :) This is the hotel we are staying at (brand new this year) and I'm looking forward to just hanging out in there! Saturday will probably be more of the same...my sisters will be down there by then so we'll probably hook up with them and hang out.

Then Sunday is the race! I can't wait! It's not so much that I love NASCAR (I don't eve really have anyone anymore that I cheer for) but the experience is so much fun. It's a night race, so we'll start off sunny (I hope!) and warm, and then by the end it will be dark and cooler. Halfway through the race I'll wander back over to the trailers where all of the merchandise is sold (because come on, hours and hours of cars going in circles bores me).

Our hotel has high speed internet, so I hope to get on tomorrow or Saturday and give an update!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once upon a time, the ex and I were into NASCAR. We's hit Watkins Glen, Charlotte and New Hampshire every year. Made it to the Daytona in 2003 and Talladega in 2004. The experience is awesome and I miss it.

Have a wonderful time...buy lots of great stuff :)

Julie said...

Have a great time. I would KILL for a day to myself to lay around, read & shop.

Michele_3 said...

Sounds great!!
I hope you have a great time!!
:)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I am jealous of both you and Kellie!! More of Kellie, because, OMG Talladega!!! I would love love love to go to one of the races there!

If you need someone to cheer for, cheer for the #48 car of Jimmie Johnson!!!!

Have a great weekend!!!!

Amy W said...

I am so sad that I am going to VA to visit family and won't be able to meet you in Charlotte...

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!!

Jill said...

I just started reading your blog a couple days ago...not sure how I found it. Have a great time. I've never been to a NASCAR race but just the other night I told my husband I'd love to go...just once. His eyes got big and he said, "Really?!" Give us all the details when you return!

Sherry said...

Have a great time, but no need to tell you that huh? I know you will!!
Waiting for a blog about how great it all was