Monday, May 07, 2007

UPDATE On List Progress...

Not much of my list is getting done.

Graduation present for sister: Ordered - still need to work on mini-scrapbook for her
Mother’s Day presents: Started (Shutterfly seems too good to be true)
Painting: We had an estimate done – holy crap! I can’t believe it will cost that much…
Still debating doing it ourselves…that’s a lot of money!
Filing of 10-Q: Yeah…pushed back to May 9th now

Hmmm, yeah, I think that’s all that’s been done. What did I do this weekend? Saturday we went to the outlets and got all the kids’ summer clothes…not on the million-item list, but still needed to be done as we are FINALLY getting warm! My daughter got a lot of cute dresses (she LOVES dresses and skirts and wears them all.the.time.). The Carters outlet had some stuff that was 70% off! So I was able to get an adorable onesie for our neighbor that just had a baby (retails for $12, got it for $3.60!) and then I got A BUNCH of outfits for my sister-in-law’s baby, so once she’s born I have the gift already! I think I got 6 outfits (from Carters mind you) for $35.

Then yesterday we taught Sunday school, so we didn’t get out of church until about 12:30, and then we went over and looked at a new SUV – which we’ll go test drive tonight. Hubby is so sick of the stupid van…so he’s found a really nice SUV that he wants. After that we came home and I made lunch (Rachel Ray taught me how to make these awesome open-faced egg sandwiches. She knew that’s what we were feeling like…she knows me so well). Big news with lunch: my son ate some eggs and didn’t throw up! Last Mother’s Day we diagnosed him with an allergy to eggs seeing that was the common food he ate three different times before immediately throwing up, with the last time being on Mother’s Day on the way home from a VERY nice brunch. So we waited a year, and since we were having egg sandwiches for lunch yesterday, and I didn’t feel like cooking him something separate, we decided it was safe to try again. He didn’t eat a whole egg, but what he did eat he kept down!

After lunch I made a meal for our neighbor that just had a baby, and then I played with the kids. We then went on a walk, came home, ate dinner and then did baths and bed. The kids were so worn out!

So as you can see, not much from my list got done. I’m going to work on the Mother’s Day presents here at work…shhh, don’t tell anyone.

5 comments:

Julie said...

I hit that same sale at our Carter's outlet yesterday as well! Stocked up on some baby gifts and clothes for Emily.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Damn, why do we not have a Carter's outlet closer!!!! I love their clothes!

At least you go some things on your list done!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

You sound calmer and less stressed -- I hope that's the case. Just take things one by one. You'll get through this soon enough and with your sanity intact!

Anonymous said...

Carter's outlet ROCKS! I got Morgan's summer clothes a few weeks ago...while I spent a crapton of money, it was comforting to see how much I saved, too :)

Kelly said...

You might not have dwindled the list down but you did spend some quality time with your kids..and you had fun right?? Thats all that matters!! WHo wouldn't like shopping over anything else?? Especially outlet stores..love me some good deals!!

The list will always be there..you'll get it done..and like you said..you work best under pressure!!

As for Shutterfly, I personally have never ordered an album from there but My Aunt does all the time..they are absolutely beautiful, you won't regret doing it!! They make great gifts!