Monday, May 14, 2007

1 Busy Weekend Down, 2 To Go!

Phew! What a weekend! We started painting at 7:30 Friday morning, and let me tell you, we had a blast! Hubby and I had so much fun spending the day together, even though we were working – in different rooms most of the time. I did the whole kitchen…love the color. And then hubby did the two accent walls in the great room (dark purple – love it!). Then we decided to tackle the harder walls…the ones that go all the way up to the upstairs hallway and also through to the foyer. But then we realized we didn’t have a ladder that would work (and we had 4 of them there!). After we finally got a ladder it was about 9:00. So we worked on two more walls (2 stories high), and at 2:00 AM we decided to call it quits. We cleaned up and went to bed. I am so happy with how it looks so far…and we have taped a lot of the rest of it that needs done, so hopefully we’ll do a little each night.

On Saturday we woke up, cleaned up some more, packed, and headed down to my parents’ to pick the kids up. I hadn’t started my sister’s scrapbook yet, so the whole way down to my parents’, and then the whole way down to Kentucky I scrapped. I finished it (except for the last page) when we were 4 miles away. I have never scrapped that fast before…and it really looked good! I saved the last page to add pictures that I would take at the graduation…I went and printed them off after it and added them quickly before giving it to her.

The graduation was nice…a lot more informal than I would have expected a medical school graduation to be. But the kids were amazing during the 2 hour ceremony, and I was so proud of my sister! She has dreamed of being a doctor since she was so little, and now she is officially, “Dr. Suzie.”


Sunday we woke up, drove to my parents, gave presents and then went to dinner. Let me just say that those Shutterfly books are AMAZING!!! I loved the way they turned out and highly recommend them to anyone to use as a great gift, or for themselves! The bottle of wine that I gave my sister turned out really nice as well.

We didn’t end up getting home until around 8:30 last night, so things were a little crazy. My kids gave me my present…a pair of silver earrings with diamonds in them that match a necklace that hubby gave me for Christmas the year before my daughter was born. They are gorgeous, but the posts are so thick and I have a hard time getting them in my ears…have you ever had this before? It’s the weirdest thing! I showed hubby a normal pair of earrings and even he couldn’t believe how thick these are. So I may have to take them back, which makes me really sad, but I couldn’t imagine keeping something that cost that much in a jewelry box only to be brought out every once in a while because they hurt.

I was a selfish mom and kept the kids up until about 11:00, and then we watched Barney in my bed until 11:30. I figured it was Mother’s Day and if I wanted to keep them up with me, I could, because it was MY day :)

Now it’s back to work…but only for 4 days because Friday is my daughter’s birthday and she and I are spending the whole day together!

6 comments:

Sherry said...

Oh WOW you sister a full fledged doctor, I can see why you are so proud of her. The pictures are great and you have two beautiful children, but you know that huh? They are just adorable.
You and your sister look so much alike too, great picture of you two, calls for a frame, right?
Your painting with you and hubby sounds great. Quality yet productive time, who could ask for more. The sharing on home improvements is wonderful isn't it? I love doing things like that, brings you even closer together if that's at all possible. yes even us after 38 yrs of marriage, we "bond" somewhat when we work on projects. Haha me "perfectionist" him "rustic" but of course I win, he grins, and all is well!!!
Your scrapping in a hurry sounds like it paid off. Amazing how creative you can be under pressure isn't it?
Glad you had a great weekend. sorry you have to return your earrings. Maybe, just maybe the jewler can put a thinner post on, worth a try asking!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great weekend....congrats to your sister!! Congrats to you and your husband for getting so much done!!

Amy W said...

I want to see pics of the kitchen color please!

You and your sister look so much alike! And that's great your kids were so well behaved. You are raising amazing kids.

Julie said...

Phew, I need a nap after just reading about your weekend. Congrats to your sister - what a huge accomplishment!

Michele_3 said...

Great pixs!
Congrats to your sister- That is awesome!!
I'm glad you & husband enjoyed the painting project, My husband & I like doing stuff like that together as well..It is that team work thing I'm thinking..
:)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Great pics! Congrats to your sister. She is just beaming in those pics!

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day!!!