Thursday, May 03, 2007

Stressed, Super Busy, Stressed...HELP!

I have a lot on my plate right now…I always do this time of year. But this year is worse. Even as I sit here writing this I’m hyperventilating a little. Now I’m the type of person that lives for stress…so it’s not all bad. Give me a stressful situation and a hard deadline and I’ll work my butt off. But that doesn’t mean that once the work is done, I’m not crashing on the couch.

So here’s what I’m working currently working on:

* Preparing our company’s 10-Q. I always wanted to be an attorney…I think I’d be really good at it…but right now I HATE our attorneys (and auditors and any other person reviewing our 10-Q). I have spent more time going through everyone’s comments and trying to figure out which one makes more sense, and does it really need changed, and REALLY…NO ONE IS GOING TO READ THIS STUPID THING COVER TO COVER BUT US! Thankfully we file May 8th...hopefully!

* Our curtains are done and the designer is ready to have her people come in and install them. However, we have not painted yet. We have the paint, and we want to do it before the curtains get up, but we have no time to do it (and hello? Painting with the kids there? Won’t be the easiest thing!). We would like to hire it out, but I’m afraid it’s going to cost at least $1,000, and with already spending over $400 on paint, I just can’t justify that.

* My dad’s birthday is May 11th, I need a gift for him

* Mother’s Day is May 13th, I need to prepare gifts for the grandmothers (I think I’m going
to do this, but still, it takes time to do it)

* My sister graduates from medical school on May 12th. That means:
* I need a gift (I’m thinking about this, but again, I need to design it and
get it express mailed to my house).
* We are traveling to Kentucky that weekend for the commencement ceremony

* My daughter’s birthday is May 18th. Her party is May 19th. I sent out half of the invitations this morning, the other half have to be delivered today or tomorrow. I feel like I’ve forgotten a lot of people. I need to figure out her party…we’re doing it in the evening and I think we’re going to have a little tea party for the kids (she has a tea party theme) and then have a “city fire” (fire pit in the middle of the court) and roast marshmallows** and hotdogs. So I still need to go and by the plates, napkins, utensils and all the food!

* My sister-in-law’s baby shower is May 20th, and I have to bring some sandwiches and wraps for it.

* We leave for the NASCAR race in Charlotte on May 24th and won’t be home until May 28th…I will really miss the kids but the weekend with hubby and his family and my sisters will be SO NICE!

* My sister-in-law is due to have her baby June 7th.

* We are participating in VBS again this year, and it’s a special year (more on that later) so I’m thinking there will be a lot of stress with the huge amount of fun we’re going to have. That is June 11th – 15th.

* My son’s birthday is June 24th, but we’re having his party on June 16th so that we can rent a pavilion at one of the parks, and our city’s festival (which is tons of fun) is the weekend of his birthday. He’s turning 2, he has no idea.

I think that covers it…until something else gets added. Anyone out there want to help? I’m willing to pay you…take some of this stress off of me! Seriously, I think writing all of that out just made me feel worse…my stomach is seriously upset right now.


**I hate to admit this, but until I wrote this post, I had no idea that “marshmallows” were spelled that way, I always thought it was “marshmellows.” And I didn’t believe the spell check so I googled it, and sure enough, spell check was right!

11 comments:

Julie said...

Holy Moly you have a bit going on these days! At least most of it is fun stuff. Maybe after you file you can take a day off and get some of the gift buying/party store stuff squared away? Gift cards are always a good gift option - easy to buy and people love to spend them!

Anonymous said...

Damn, girl...you're BUSY!! I need a vacation just reading about all you have going on!!

I'm with Julie...take the day after you file off and get a lot of the smaller things knocked off your list.

The NASCAR race will be a great time for you to chill and take a breath!!

I'd offer to come paint, but I make a HUGE mess when I paint and no one wants that. I'll occupy the kidlets while YOU paint. Deal?

Happy Working Mom said...

Julie - love the idea of taking a day off! I might have to do that! I have not taken a PTO day all year! I get 20 of them, I think it's time to take one!

Deal Kellie! I know that both of my kids would LOVE to play with Morgan :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Geeez and I thought I was busy! Although, I would be busier if I could go to Charlotte for a NASCAR weekend!

Michele_3 said...

Okay I seriously need a little break just from reading all that you have to do!!Geez, I thought I was busy lately.. LOL!

We just painted our front rooms because we got new shutters- I didn't have time to paint the whole room before they came- So one night my husband & I painted all around the windows the new color where the shutters would be put in & this past weekend we finished the rest of the room..
Just tell people your in the middle of renovations when they see the little paint parts- LOL!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I highly recommend 1) taking the day off after you file the report, 2) doing most of your shopping online, and 3) do the birthday party stuff online too (birthdayexpress.com). Really, with the internet and a credit card at your disposal, you can knock it all off in no time at all. Hang in there!

Bethany said...

I thought I was busy!

My sister in law gave my mom one of those memory books last year- big hit!

NASCAR in Charlotte, all these NASCAR women coming out of the woodwork lately. Please tell me you don't root for Jimmie Johnson, please.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Jimmie Johnson totally rules, Bethany!! LMAO!

Happy Working Mom said...

I do really like Jimmy :)

Amy W said...

I remember your stress from VBS from last year...

You have a ton going on...good luck. And you will be so close in Charlotte!

Bethany said...

UUUGGGHHH!!!