Monday, October 26, 2009

A Very Busy Weekend...

This past weekend was a whirlwind of activity, and while it was a ton of fun, I really wish that it had not gone by so quickly. It went by so quickly, in fact, that I don’t have any pictures to share from it :(

Friday night started the weekend with dinner with some friends from church. We were discussing a new group that John and I want to start that revolves around one of our strongest passions – can you guess what it is? If you guessed “marriage,” then you guessed correctly! The only downside to the evening was that Ryan was off in his nap schedule, and he wouldn’t nap for me. He ate a snack around 5:30, and then we tried a nap. He wouldn’t stay down, so I brought him out to play, and then put him down again around 8:00. He didn’t wake up before we went to bed, and I was very nervous that I would be woken up in the middle of the night because he was hungry!

But he stayed asleep until 7:15 Saturday morning! I gladly got up with him and played with him and then fed him a huge breakfast (the boy was starved!). After breakfast we headed to the gym where I took a step aerobics class that was both good for me and torture (I’m still very sore today). After that we came home and made cookies/ate lunch, and then Kylie and I headed to the mall to get her some winter clothes. After that I had a hair appointment, and then I was off to scrapbook the rest of the night.

Our scrap night was amazing! The girl who graciously hosted provided this huge taco bar…every type of filling/fixing you could want! I had two full meals in the 7 hours I was there, along with cookies and other goodies. I only got a few pages done, but I had a ton of fun hanging out with everyone. I didn’t end up getting home until after 1:00 AM!

My alarm went off way too early Sunday morning, but we had to get everyone ready for church, and Kylie had had a friend sleep over, so that was another person to feed and make sure was ready. After church we hurried home, fed everyone, and then it was off to Joshie’s football games. He won both of them, and this time John’s parents were there, along with his sister and our nephew.

After Joshie’s games I ran a few errands, and then we went out for pizza. When we got home, John and I were ready to crash! Ryan had only had a 1 hour nap all day, and Joshua didn’t have a nap at all! Ryan went to sleep around 8:00, and then the other kids went to bed around 9:00. I realized at 9:30 I was falling asleep! Going to bed that early should have provided me with a great night’s rest, but Ryan decided that he wanted to whine and cry from 1:30 – 3:00 this morning, so that was an unwelcomed interruption.

On top of all of these was some drama that we had going on with one of our neighbors. I think that would be a great topic for tomorrow’s post…

No comments: