Monday, October 12, 2009

Kids Wake Up at the Darndest Times...

This past weekend I took on the chore of making a wedding present for the wedding that we went to. I was etching a picture frame…and if any of you have ever done that before, you know that 1.) the etching cream should not touch your skin, and therefore you need to be very careful with it, and 2.) the cream is not forgiving, so you have to make sure that you only get it on the spots you want it. I was also in the process of stenciling out what I actually wanted to etch.

Anyway, in the middle of all of this, Ryan decides to wake up from his nap, and unfortunately for me, John was outside mowing. Ryan is at a point where I really can’t leave him out of my site as he will climb the stairs, and he has no idea how to get down the stairs. So I ask Kylie to watch him with me…she’s not too thrilled. But then I remember a toy that Ryan got for Christmas last year (since he was so little last Christmas, a lot of the toys that he got as gifts went down to the basement until he was older and could really play with them) that I think they both will love to play with…it’s the Little People Nativity Scene. It is one of the best Nativity Sets for kids that I have seen…it has all the characters, and also has a stable that plays “Away In A Manger.”

So I get it out (which takes me about 20 minutes by the time I un-tie all those stupid twisty-tie things), and they love it! It’s great timing because they kids will play with it from now until Christmas, and I can use it to help reinforce the Christmas story.

So if you’re looking for a great gift for a baby, I don’t think you can go wrong with anything Little People, and the Nativity Set is a great way to start teaching kids the real meaning of Christmas.

But I will warn you…it doesn’t work magic…Ryan was only occupied for a short little bit. Kylie on the other hand had fun playing with it for a while!

No comments: