Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A Relaxing Week So Far...

So far it’s been a nice, quiet start to my soon-to-be-stressful week. Yesterday I actually left work on time, went home and made a quick and easy dinner of spaghetti and meatballs for dinner, popped some brownies in the oven and then played with the kids. The scary thing that happened yesterday is that Ryan choked on his pizza at lunch. Our nanny said it was pretty scary, but luckily she was able to pull the pizza out and he was OK. Very scary.

After dinner Ryan was getting cranky. It was only 7:00, but I knew he needed to go to bed. I hate that. I hate the phase that all of my kids have gone through where they need to go to bed early…I hate missing that time with them. So to make up for it, I decided that I need to be up and ready to play with him when he wakes up. He’s been waking up anywhere from 6:30 – 7:00 most days, so this morning, I got up 15 minutes early and got to play with him for a while before I left for work. Tomorrow I will try to get up even earlier so that I can play with him immediately (this morning he sat in the bathroom with me while I finished my hair). It was nice to spend time with him when he was in such a good mood (I love babies when they wake up in the morning…they are always so happy!).

Anyway, our evening ended with our pastor and his wife coming over to talk about a group or house church or something that John and I have a real passion about starting. It was so nice to sit with them and talk with them and as usual, went by too quickly.

The evening ended with John and Josh watching Monday night football on the couch, and Kylie and I snuggling up in my bed watching the Rachel Zoe Project (I am really starting to like that show).

Tonight Joshie and John are going to a CBJ game (hockey) and Kylie, Ryan and I will just play at the house. Kylie has to draw a map of her bedroom for homework, so I’m sure we will have fun working on that together!

2 comments:

Sherry said...

So glad you got to leave work earlier than planned, makes for a nice surprise and evening huh?
You are way too sweet , wanting to spend as much time as you can w/ your kids. So many working moms take that extra time for themselves but nope not you and I know that's why your children are so happy!!!
Starting up a group church that's awesome. You and your husband can be such an inspiration to all attending, go for it!!
I know you have another enjoyable evening ahead so enjoy it to the max!!!

Sherry said...

Yeah and so scary about Ryan choking on the pizza, OMG so glad your nanny is as great as she is and knew what to do.
It is a terrible feeling, I am now going through that fear w/ mama, she is approaching the stage of having to have things chopped super find, blended, or even liquified and when she chokes, it scares the daylights out of me.