Monday, June 11, 2007

A Fabulous Weekend!

I made it! Thursday night I finished my sister’s scrapbook at 11:00 and my daughter and I left for my parents’. We got in around 1:00 and crashed into bed! We got up and went to my sister’s graduation. Let me tell you….it started at 9:30, and finally at 12:15 my dad and sister walked out (with a bunch of other graduates) because they had had enough! I have no idea what time it actually ended, but it was WAY TOO LONG!

We went to lunch where I had to deal with cranky kids because they needed a nap, and also try to find them something to eat because even the grilled cheese at this fancy restaurant had some weird cheeses on it and my kids hated it (and they are very good eaters). After that I was able to take them home and put them down for a nap.

Saturday was absolutely gorgeous here in Ohio! We were outside pretty much all day. Then Saturday night we had a little fire and sat out with the neighbors and talked until about 12:30 in the morning.

Sunday we went to church, came home, jumped on the neighbor’s new trampoline (my daughter is doing so well jumping with the big kids!). and then went out on our neighbor’s boat with them. After we got back we had a nice little cookout and played horseshoes.

Looking back this past weekend was one of the best I have had in a long time. Nothing was planned and yet we did so many fun things. I love our new neighborhood. I love that our old neighbors moved with us and are such great friends of ours. I love the warm weather!

This week is VBS. So that means, leave the house at 7:00 AM making sure that we have everything we need for the entire day. Leave work at 4:30 PM. Arrive at church at 5:00 PM. Get dinner from awesome cheap concession stand they have set up (everything is $.50, even the main course which are hot dogs or hamburgers or something like that). Get ready at 5:45 PM. Done with VBS at 9:00 PM. Get home at 9:30 PM, give baths and get kids into bed. Do laundry (have to wash the VBS shirts each night), pack bags for the next day, clean up anything out, etc. Hopefully get myself to bed by 11:00 PM. Wake up and do it all over again.

Even thought that sounds crazy, we LOVE VBS**. Our church does such an amazing job with it. There are around 1,500 kids, I believe and the sets that are painted are absolutely amazing. Here’s a link to pictures from some of the previous years’. Seriously, check it out and you’ll see what I’m talking about (and this is just the morning session, there are at least another 500 in the evening session)!

**For those of you that were reading me at this time last year and know all about my VBS drama…hopefully, nothing like that will happen this year! We are actually teaching the 4 year-olds, so they are no longer “nursery kids,” and the lady I had so many issues with last year and I actually get along really well now. So hopefully no drama :)

5 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, those are amazing pictures! Our church's VBS is about 2 1/2 hours a day for 5 days. Just the kids in the morning.

Radioactive Tori said...

I love weekends when we have nothing planned but end up doing lots of fun stuff!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Weekends of nothing planned are wonderful! Sounds like fun! Enjoy VBS this week, hope everything goes smoothly.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

It sounds like a great weekend!

Amy W said...

It those weekends where you do the stuff like you did that are the best...