Tuesday, June 19, 2007

My Little Boy's Birthday Party

So here are pictures from my son’s birthday party that was on Saturday. We had to do it a week before his real birthday (the 24th) because there’s a huge festival in our city that is next weekend (and I don’t do parties on Sundays…I need a day to recuperate!). It ended up being really small…we didn’t invite any neighbors because we had it at a park (there’s always that obligation when it’s at home), and a couple of the family friends were out of town. My mom and sisters were on vacation, so they didn’t get there until it was ending. So it was just my dad, hubby’s parents, and his sister and her husband and their new baby. It was very relaxing and I really enjoyed myself! When we have parties at home I spend the whole time running around trying to make sure everything's perfect. But since we were at a park, I could only do so much! The only bad thing is usually when I'm running around crazy, I remember to take lots of pictures, but since I was sitting and relaxing, I forgot to take so many pictures :( Oh well, at least I got some!

I’m very pleased with how the cake turned out – it took 4 hours of decorating and there’s white showing because I started to run out of icing.




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE the cake--you did an awesome job. I love the idea of a party at the park. Morgan's birthday is in January...may be a bit cold :)

Hope you all had a great time--your son is so adorable!!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Wow, what a great cake! If you ever give up being a CPA, you probably have a future in cake decorating. :-)

Glad the party went well.

Anonymous said...

Thomas! My son loves TtTE. It's an obsession. In fact, his third birthday party is in Sept and Thomas-themed!

What a great party, you rock. The cake is so cool! I've got to remember some of these ideas!

Amy W said...

What a great job on the cake!!

Happy Birthday to your son!!

Julie said...

Great job on the cake!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

I love the cake! You did such a great job!

I love the pics!!! Your son is just so freakin cute!