Wednesday, June 13, 2007

So I thought I would post some pictures from Vacation Bible School. We are having a blast! We have 5 kids in our class (actually had 6 last night as one of Kylie’s friend’s that is much older wanted to be in our class, as she does every year. She actually happens to be the daughter of the lady I had the problems with last VBS who I now get along great with). It’s an Amazon theme and we are going through “the 7 C’s of history” – Creation, corruption, catastrophe, confusion, Christ, cross and Consummation.

Our night goes like this:

5:00 – I arrive at the church and change into my shirt and shorts and go through the concession stand where everything is $.50 (hot dogs, hamburgers, potato salad, chips, grapes, cookies, drinks, etc.). I get food for the whole family.

5:15 – My baby-sitter brings the kids in to church (she is also leading a class – very convenient!) and we all sit down to eat dinner (hubby shows up whenever he drags himself away from work :) )

5:45 – Check my son into his little class (deal with him crying – late separation anxiety). Then I sit at our check in table and check the kids in.

6:15 – Head down to the sanctuary for opening songs and announcements.

6:40 – Head to crafts. There are three rotations (Crafts, lesson, games), and there are two sets of everything – one for the little ones and one for the bigger kids (we go from pre-K to 6th grade).

7:15 – Head to lesson. Here we hear the Bible story and play with toys and games that are applicable to the story.

7:55 – Outside to games and snacks! Our snacks have to do with the lesson as well.

8:40 – Head back in to the sanctuary for closing songs and drama.

9:00 – Parents pick the kids up (not really, we haven’t been leaving until around 9:30 because parents have been late getting their kids).

So as you can see it’s a very fun, very full night. Here are some pictures:

Craft Time!!! (My daughter is the one on the right)


Hubby helping the boys with crafts



My daughter with her older friend


Our crazy class! The older girl is our awesome helper!


The Bible story teacher



The sanctuary this week (it normally looks like any other sanctuary - pulpit, baptismal, etc.) The waterfall in the middle actually has real running water, and the camera in the picture is the film crew that's here this week taping us!




Here are some of the actors that are doing the drama. We have an awesome drama group!



Hopefully the rest of the week goes as well as the first two days! Even though I'm dead tired, I'm still having so much fun!!!

6 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Wow! Looks like fun. Definitely way more elaborate than when I went to VBS as a child.

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Sounds like a blast!!

Bethany said...

I used to run the VBS at our church but then we lost a LOT of people and the volunteers just weren't there.

I still miss it.

Sherry said...

Oh how fun. VBS is always fun. My two granddaughter just completed a week at their VBS and loved it.
Your daughter is adorable.
Just back to catching up on blogs after my week end, so now I am caught up and back in the groove.
All the pics you posted are awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks and sounds like a lot of fun--I'm glad everyone's enjoying it :)

Radioactive Tori said...

I love these kind of exhausting fun days.