Monday, June 04, 2007

Paci Update - The Good and The Bad

Well, we are now on day 4 of no paci. Yeah!!! He's really been doing great. However, bed time is much harder. It was so easy to lure him to his crib with his paci. Now, he actually cries when he goes to bed :( Last night I just wanted to snuggle with him so he fell asleep in our bed with me (I know, it's going to come back and bite me in the butt...keep reading :) ). I took him back to bed and at 4:30 this morning he woke up crying. Hubby brought him into our bed (see :) ). I'm really hoping that he'll go back to normal within the next week.

My mom came and go my daughter yesterday and took her to Michigan for a couple days to help my sister unpack. She was way too willing to go :( She packed her bags and was running out the door as my mom pulled up. I talked to her last night and she sounds like she is having a blast! I miss her so much...it's amazing how quiet your house is without a 4 year-old! But she'll be back Wednesday night, so it's not too long that I'll have to go without her!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

Hey they are only little for so long, so let him snuggle in your bed. Eventually he will want his own bed and be a "big boy" they grow up so fast, so snuggle away.
I bet your daughter is having a blast with Grandma.
I am sure you are counting the hours until Wednesday aren't you??

Julie said...

stick to your guns on the paci. it was an awful 5 or 6 days when abby got rid of hers (nightime hell) but then it was smooth sailing once she got passed it.

Amy W said...

That's great that you have family that will spend quality time with your kids and that your kids love spending time with them as well.

Anonymous said...

I am leery to check the paci progress each day as I am DREADING next month when I ditch Morgan's!!

Glad your daughter was so happy to go away for a few days--that's awesome that your family does that!!

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

You're doing the right thing with the paci. Hang in there!