Friday, June 22, 2007

My Baby Turns 2!

To my fantastic little boy:

For the longest time I didn’t think I would get to keep you. From bleeding early on in the pregnancy to just “weird feelings,” it was only last year that I realized that you are here, and you are here to stay. I couldn’t be happier.

You were a pain-in-the-butt baby! So much so that there will be 3 years between you and the next one as opposed to the 2 I had always planned. But at around 14 months you really turned into the best baby I could have asked for. You started walking at 14 months, but thankfully talked earlier than that. I felt bad because everyone was comparing you to your sister and her amazing vocabulary at such a young age. But I could tell you understood everything we said, and just because you couldn’t say the words exactly, you knew the words in your head. During this time you really became a little boy – you LOVED balls, and football, oh my gosh the football (got-me-got-me in the upstairs hallway). You also grew more and more attached to Pappaw. You do everything with Pappaw! You love trucks and cars (“Ightning Keen” and “O maer” (Lighting McQueen and Tow Mater). Now your current obsession? TRAINS. More specifically, THOMAS! You love Thomas and can name each of the different trains. You have to have your Thomas sippy cup and you love your Thomas PJs.

You turned into the best sleeper (after 8 months in my room, mostly in my bed before you fell off, then it was bassinet only). I could just lay you in the crib and walk away and you’d go to sleep. You were good about having paci only when you went to sleep when you turned 18 months, and just a couple of weeks ago you gave up paci for good. Of course this affected your sleeping, but we’re working through that, and you’re doing better every day!

You say the funniest things – “Dat funny mommy,” “I not cazy, u cazy,” “Yes, uh-HUH,” “I uv u too,” “Bubeddies aaand stawbeddies,” “And Joshie,” and my favorite, “No nigh-night time.” I’m tearing up just thinking about how you bring such a smile to my face.

You hug me, you kiss me, you say “holda me mommy” a lot. You love blueberries, strawberries, bananas, hot dogs, ice cream, broccoli, pizza, chips and fishies. You are the best eater, really.

I could go on and on, but I will end with this: I love you so much and even though I never thought I would be able to raise a boy, you have made my life so much better because you’re in it. You constantly amaze me when I watch your “boy” brain work and the things that interest and fascinate you. Thank you so much for being My little boy.

Happy 2nd Birthday big boy!










6 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Oh how precious!

Anonymous said...

Awesome!! Love the picture of him in the sink :)

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

What a sweet post! Happy Birthday!

Your kids will both love reading these when they are older!

Sherry said...

Now that's one handsome little boy you have, love the middle picture, he is do darn cute and you can tell he is loving that train set.
Your words to him are so sweet and so "patience" I agree with Rachel, he will so love reading that when he is older.
Hey my kind of guy too, I love "buberries"

Kelly said...

Great Post!! Right from the heart!! Can't wait until I have kids...to know what it feels like!

Amy W said...

What a cutie pie! He's has grown so much over the years...Happy Birthday!