Friday, September 07, 2007

I got my hair done and had so much fun! My appointment started at 6:45, and there was a lady already processing when I got there, so her appointment must have been at 6:00. I didn’t end up leaving until 9:15!!! My sister-in-law and I were just talking away about everything under the sun. Luckily her next appointment wasn’t until then, so it worked out.

I went home and gathered up the kids to take them to the sitter’s and that was not fun. The cried the whole way there and then when I was trying to say “good-bye” they were crying and saying “I want to go with you.” This made me think two things: 1.) I’m glad hubby is normally the one to drop them off (they never do that to him!) and 2.) I’m glad he normally drops them off when they are still sleeping!

On a side note…when I picked the kids up yesterday I took them to the store to get me some more medicine and some stuff to put on our bug bites so we don’t itch anymore. The kids of course made me put them in one of these (the top right one is the one we had):



Now I’m sure most of you know that those things are not easy to push (there’s a lot of weird physics behind getting it to actually go where you want it to go). But luckily the aisles were big enough and the store was pretty empty.

But along comes this lady that also has one. And she decides that she needs to take up the whole aisle when she’s driving one. Seriously, I was coming at her and I thought we were going to have a head-on collision. But she’s just talking away to her kid and not caring that she’s about to run me over.

Maybe they should make you pass a driving test before you’re allowed to actually take one out into the store.

7 comments:

Sherry said...

glad your hair turned out good. What no pic of new do?
Yeah those kids carts are big and bulky, I couldn't "drive" one.
Dang woman in the aisle she should use the rules of road, huh?

Unknown said...

They should also make you take a test to drive one of those fancy wheelchairs. :) After my surgery I used one a few times and scared my family and strangers to death as I zipped and zoomed. :)

Edie said...

Ugh, I HATE driving those things. If there are ever any available, Hayden has to ride in one and they are so difficult to manuveur!!

Jill said...

I would so love a 6:45am hair appointment. I would east to get there since I wouldn't have to do my hair in advance (obviously) and I would be outta there in time to get to work at a decent hour AND I wouldn't have to take up a chunk of a Saturday to sit in the salon.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

Those carts are fun for the kiddies but no fun for the adults. I'm glad we've outgrown them.

And what is it with people who don't pay attention in the store?

I'm glad that your hair appointment was fun and relaxing, in spite of the very early time! If a hair appointment isn't fun, then it's just not worth it at all.

Anonymous said...

I think the carts are cute, but hope to NEVER have to use one. They're obnoxious. At least you're considerate with it...most people aren't.

Amy W said...

Funny! I always tell Ashley those carts are broken or dirty cause I just can't drive them...

My husband does the drop off as well, thank goodness!