Friday, September 14, 2007

Moms2moms and Thomas!

So last night was the first meeting of the year of my moms’ group and I loved it! I walked in and saw my table already set up (I’m the table leader, so it’s my job to set the table up, i.e. put the papers, pens, etc. out) so that made me happy. I met our mentor (who’s the one that set the table up) and she is absolutely wonderful! Very outgoing and throughout the night really asked us a lot of questions to get to know each of us better. I think she is going to be so great and our table really needs a great mentor.

Then I got to meet some new women that are at our table this year…I’m really, really excited about this next year! We did the typical things…announcements, devotions, ate some yummy food, and got to know the ladies at our table. The one mentor got up and gave a devotional about love and talked about how her husband had died this past April. She talked about all the things they had planned this year – their oldest granddaughter was graduating college in June and getting married in July, they had planned a trip to Alaska with friends in August because he had always said he wanted to see Alaska…there was not a dry eye in the whole room and a lot of sniffling to be heard. It was great for her to share how her family and friends showed so much love during this difficult time.

Then we did crafts – there were little bags in different colors and we picked ribbons to go around the top and appliqués to glue on. We only got to do one, but our wonderful mentor offered to do one for my son so that each of my kids would get one. I did a beautiful coral one for my daughter with a bunch of flowers glued on, and then the one for my son is denim and has a football, basketball and soccer ball glued on it. I should have taken pictures :(


As for this weekend, hubby will be down in Virginia all day tomorrow and the kids and I will be hanging out…inside! I heard the high is supposed to be 63 degrees – for me, that’s cold! Then on Sunday we’re heading out on a little trip to see Thomas!!! Day Out With Thomas is Sunday and my son is going to go nuts! I will definitely post pictures!!!

9 comments:

Amy W said...

GO HOKIES!

Just had to put that in there :).

63 sounds very chilly to me...80s here.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

I can't tell you just how much I hope OU wins.

Your weekend sounds fun. Have a great time!!!!

Edie said...

What I would give to have 63 degrees!! I LOVE fall... My favorite season of the year.

Your group sounds wonderful!! It's great to share these things with friends.

My heart aches for the lady who lost her husband. :(

Julie said...

63 sounds great - I'm so ready for fall. 71 here in VA this weekend they say.

Sounds like you had a great moms night - what fun.

And from what I've heard bout the Thomas day your son will totally flip! Make sure to take lots of pictures!

Anonymous said...

We're having the same weather as you and honestly? I'm okay with it. I've had enough of the 90's with tons of humidity!!

Sounds like the moms meeting was awesome--I'm jealous!! But, still searching in my area for something similar!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sherry said...

Oh wow your son is going to be one happy boy come Sunday!!! Please take thousands of pictures!!!! yeah I said thousands you can never have enough!!
Your moms 2 moms sounds totally awesome. To be involved like that is great and you also get to meet new people at the same time.
The bags sound adorable and yes you should have taken pictures I so love pics, viewing and snapping I think I am the biggest camera whore in the country. My camera, yep "don't leave home without it" haha
Have a great weekend although I don't have to tell you that, I know you will.

Sherry said...

Got so excited about pics I spaced on the woman that recently lost her husband. Oh wow my eyes were misty and I wasn't even there. Her talking about him and all their plans, mmm, makes me value life that much more. One never knows when God will call you home. That woman is on the right road to healing by talking about him!! One brave soul huh?

Kelly said...

sounds like you had fun last night..how often do your groups meet??

yeah it is supposed to be 50 something here tomorrow..talk about FREEZING..then drop down to almost 36 degrees at night..hmm thats FROST WEATHER..YUCK!! I'm SO not ready for WINTER!!