Thursday, September 06, 2007

Random, Random

I’m at a loss as to what to talk about today (I think it’s because my head is pounding, my ears are plugged up and my nose won’t stop running) so here are some random bullet points…enjoy!

-I left for work today at 7:08 and got to work at 8:00. I have no idea what the heck was up with the traffic this morning…it’s only supposed to take me ½ hour…so not a good start to the day.

-I have a hair appointment at 6:45 am tomorrow morning. Yep, that’s right, 6:45 am. My original appointment was last Saturday, but since we were out of town my sister-in-law was nice enough to reschedule me, and she’s booked months in advance, so I took what I could get. It’s going to be a very early morning.

-My son has been SUPER clingy to me lately. I constantly hear “mommy holda me,” “mommy help me,” “get me out mommy,” and the best: “I ove u too mommy.” Lately he’s gotten really pouty and kind of mean to his sister and says this: “I not going to pay wiff u anymore I just going to pay wiff mommy.” I always tell him that’s mean and not to say it, and then turn my head and laugh so hard because it’s just so darn funny!

-I’m working on something at work that bores me to death. But unfortunately, it has a gigantic impact on our business. Just to emphasize the bore factor…for any accountants out there it involves reading and analyzing FASB statement 157 – Fair Value (you’re all on the edge of your seats, aren’t you?).

I think that’s it…sorry nothing exciting to talk about…maybe after I do more reading about FAS 157 I’ll have some riveting discussion ideas. Or maybe I’ll fall asleep and wake up at 5:00 when it’s time to leave :)

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Morning traffic sucks. My commute into the city use to take me 45 minutes---to go less than 10 miles. INSANE!!

Sorry you're still not feeling well...summer colds suck!!

Amy W said...

FASB 157 sounds more riveting than inputing doctors compensation into a survey database...

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

It took me more than an hour this morning!!

Good luck on the project.

WAKE UP!

Mrs. Booms said...

It took me an hour this morning too! And my husband is an accountant while I'm an office manager for a super cool graphic design firm. He comes home and says words like "audit" and I glaze over. Good luck to you!

Julie said...

I tell ya, it's the back to school traffic! Today I went in late to avoid it - probably not a good longterm strategy but I couldn't deal today.

Edie said...

It's taking me a ton longer to get to work since school has gotten back in session. It's crazy the difference. (and we even have year round school here, for the most part)

I think it'd be great to get my hair done at 6:45... at least it would be styled terrificly that day for work!

Hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

How cool that your sister-in-law not only does your hair, but is also kind enough to work you in early tomorrow.

I can totally hear your son's voice in my head. What a cute age!

Kelly said...

It always takes me at least 45 minutes to get to work. Now since school is back up and running, with the buses..it's a game in the morning to try and beat them!

Unknown said...

I have to admit, I actually fell asleep a little when you mentioned that FAS whatever. It sounds insanely boring and headache provoking. You have fun with that :)

And isn't it amazing what you will wake up early for? I would so wake up on the dime for a hair appointment. But getting up for work is a different story...

Sherry said...

Wow getting your hair done that early in the morning??? Woman I admire your stamina that's for sure.
Traffic just sucks anytime of the day out here, ugh.
You little guy is just going through a phase but hey it's a loving one, well except being mean to his sister. The I ove u mommy has got to just fill your heart huh??? Love it!!