Monday, September 10, 2007

Is It Friday Yet????

I hate Sunday nights and Mondays. I mean I really, really hate them. Hubby and I were cleaning up the house last night after the kids went to bed and that feeling sinks in knowing that there’s a whole week of work ahead and that I’m going from two whole wonderful days with the kids to only seeing them for a couple hours each night.

My neighbor and friend was always the opposite…she lived for Monday mornings when she could push her kids through the day-care door and get to work. She had no problem admitting that the whole weekend with her kids was too much for her and that she loved Sunday nights knowing she could put them to bed and take them to someone else the next morning. It hurt my ears every time I would hear her say that, and I have never, ever understood it.

This past weekend was great…Saturday was a little tiring (another post), but the kids were great despite the conditions. And then yesterday we hung out all day, took a two-hour nap together, and then went to the park. I already miss them so much!!!

Each day this week it will get better…tonight my daughter has gymnastics again and then it’s time for Monday night football (a tradition she has had with her dad since she was a baby) which now entails orange pop, root beer, cheesy-bread and hanging out on the couch with dad (I hate football, but will watch it will just so I can hang out with them). This year my son is really looking forward to the Monday night ritual as well. Then tomorrow I’ll wake up and start the countdown to the weekend!

11 comments:

Jennifer (Jen on the Edge) said...

It's so nice that you have a fun Monday night ritual to look forward to. It's still no fun to get up and get moving on Monday mornings, but at least you have something great planned for tonight.

Anonymous said...

What a cool ritual your daughter (and now son) have with their Dad!!

I've always hated Sunday nights and Monday mornings. I bet I'd hate them even more if I, ya know, actually had a job ;)

Julie said...

I have to tell you, last night I could not get my kids in bed fast enough. Both were WILD all day and Emily didn't nap. They were just done by 7pm and then turned into over tired monsters.

Edie said...

I love weekends when I can spend the entire time with my daughter. It's such a blessing.

Amy W said...

I miss the kids so much during the week...

Radioactive Tori said...

I feel exactly the same way about football. I watch it only to hang out with everyone else.

I love that you feel that way about your kids. I feel the same way...sad when they leave for school and so happy on the weekends when we get to spend all day together!

Rachel (Crazy-Is) said...

Monday Night Football at our house entails Chris watching it by himself, unless the Titans are playing.

Jill said...

ahh but football is so fun. they beat each other up running after a little ball smaller than a lot of their hands. :-)

Sherry said...

Just reading how you feel about your family; well it warms my heart. You hear so many bad things about families now days but dang it, YOU are out there and you are the model wife and mother!!!
I look forward to your blogs all the time.
You are a gem and don't ever forget it!!

Kelly said...

That is so awesome..monday night football with Dad!!! Love that!

la bellina mammina said...

Came over from Michelle - I hate Sunday nights too (that's cuz I Have to go to work the next day and miss hanging out with the baby) but absolutely LOVE Friday!;-)