Friday, November 06, 2009

TGIF!!!!

It’s FRIDAY!!!!

I’m so ready for a semi-relaxing weekend! I feel like the past couple of weekends have been stuffed with things to do, and I hate that! I feel like my life is passing me by so quickly, and all I want to do is slow down and really soak it in.

Tonight is the first meeting of our new house church. The theme of it is keeping your marriage strong, and it is based on the book by Bill and Pam Farrell, “Men are Like Waffles, Women are Like Spaghetti.” John and I have been to two of their conferences and this book (along with their others) have made such an impact on our marriage, and we can’t wait to pass it along to others. We’re starting the group off with movie night, so tonight we will be watching Father of the Bride and pigging out on popcorn and other snacks. I have also been able to arrange childcare – a babysitter will come over during our meetings and watch all of the kids, which is a huge help because most of the couples have young kids (if everyone comes there are 12 kids!) and no one would be able to concentrate during our sessions if they had to worry about their kids too.

Tomorrow (and Sunday) it’s going to be gorgeous here (supposedly…you can never trust those weather people completely!). It’s supposed to be sunny all weekend, and highs in the mid 60’s. I think Kylie and I will head to the outlets to finish up getting all of their winter clothes, while John and Josh head down to my uncle’s place in the woods with my dad. Not sure where Ryan fits yet…I’ll probably end up taking him with me :)

Sunday will be church and Joshie’s last football game. I’m telling you, we have been so lucky with his games and the weather…every game has been sunny and not too cold! I’m said it’s his last game…he loves it so much!

I hope to have some pictures on Monday and be able to tell you it was the great weekend I was anticipating! Hope you all have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Well you weekend isn't quite a "jammed" pack as usual, huh? I am so sure it will be awesome.
You and Kylie "shop til you drop" and have some great mommy/daughter bonding times!! Enjoy!!