Sunday, November 15, 2009

Leaving on a Jet Plane...

Tomorrow morning (at 6:00 AM to be exact), I will be on a plane headed for NYC. I have a conference there for three days, and then I'll be heading home.

I'm excited to travel...I only get to about once per year with my job, and what better place is there than New York City? But I am going to miss my kids a ton...how am I going to go three days without seeing them?

I'm hoping that I will be so busy with my seminars and then site-seeing that I will forget about missing them, but I doubt it...it didn't work last year :(

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Well for starters have a GREAT TIME!! Cell phones will keep you in touch w/ your little ones, and they will be more than happy to chat with you, I know that much.
NYC awesome place so make the most of it, k? You deserve that much, just a little get away is good for everyone!!!! ENJOY

GratefulTwinMom said...

One of the most wonderful things about going out of town for a conference is the peace and quiet that you get. You can rest when the sessions are over. You don't have to rush home to make dinner and switch into mom mode while still in your business suit. Although, New York. I don't know. I wouldn't be doing much resting, but definitely a lot of going out. I recently had this experience in San Francisco. Check it out on my blog: http://www.twimmommusings.blogspot.com