Tuesday, November 03, 2009

A Great Night...

Yesterday my nanny had to go to an emergency dental appointment, so I got to work from home in the afternoon. I came home to a quiet house since the boys were sleeping and was able to get some work done. We went and picked up Kylie from school, and then came home and had a snack.

I was able to get to the gym earlier than normal since I didn’t have to drive all the way home from work first. I made an easy dinner, and then we all headed down to the playroom. Kylie and I read and played school, and John and Josh and Ryan played hockey and wrestled and played football.

After playing, the kids went up and took showers, and I gave Ryan a bath. I love this time because I get to watch and play with him, but I also get to read through one of the millions of magazines I have that have not yet been read :) The only problem is that Ryan likes to stand up, so the bath usually ends much quicker than I would like because it makes me too nervous to see him standing up, holding on the to edge of the tub.

After all of that, John took Kylie up to work on some math problems, and then John and Josh went down to watch Monday night football, and Kylie and I snuggled in my bed and talked about school. After ½ hour I made her close her eyes, and she was out like a light.

It was one of the most fun nights I’ve had in a long time. This time change may have it’s downfalls (like Ryan getting up at 6:30), but for me, it has more benefits…the kids were up both yesterday and today before I left, and they were in great happy moods (it’s amazing what some sunlight can do for you!). And I feel like the evenings last so much longer since it gets dark so quickly. I know that doesn’t make sense, but John and I both came up from the playroom last night shocked that it was only 7:30…we both felt like it had to be at least 8:30. So while I really dislike cold weather, I do like the extra family time we get in the winter.

1 comment:

Sherry said...

Sounds like a great family night was had by everyone!!! sorry the nanny had to leave, but it was good for you and the rest of the family. The bonding time is so precious and you and your husband use what time you do have, so well, I love it.