Friday, June 20, 2008

That Long, Horrible Test...

It turns out at my doctor's appointment last week I failed my gestational diabetes screening. My level was 143 and they want it to be 139 or less. So today I'm off to have the three hour test. I have to sit in a lab for three hours while they prick me, give me "juice" and then prick me some more. I guess it will be a change in atmosphere as I'll be working while I'm there (probably getting more done since no one will be giving me more work to do!).

So please say a little prayer for me that I'll pass this test and not have gestational diabetes. While I know I would be fine and able to handle it, I also know I would be pretty miserable as well...I LOVE sugar!!!

Maybe that's my problem???

:)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Good luck... I so hope you don't have it... though we all know that you'll be able to handle it!

Anonymous said...

Oh no! Good luck... I so hope you don't have it... though we all know that you'll be able to handle it!

3XMom said...

good luck---hang in there!

Amy W said...

Good luck!!

Anonymous said...

ugh. I hope it goes well for you. That 1 hour test is bad enough. Good luck

Daddy Dan said...

Good Luck, Debbie. I hope you don't have it, but it's not too much of a big deal (at least according to my wife), although it takes a little time to get used to the diet you need to follow.

Julie said...

I flunked my first test when preg with Abby and then passed the 3 hour test just fin. I'm sure you will be fine! : )

Jill said...

Oh gosh. I hope all turns out well for you. Seems like you should be OK since you were barely over the mark.

Anonymous said...

Ouch, girly. Good luck. My Mom was a gestational diabetic when she was pregnant with my sister and I. Let us know how it goes :)

Bethany said...

Good luck. I had to have the three hour test with Scoop. It sucked. I was so afraid I would fall asleep and miss one of the sticks and have to come back and do it again!

Christy said...

I hope that things went okay for you. Three hours, I can't imagine, bout you are tough ;)